Help with my new bike please

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Justincoleman wrote:One of the cables is fine nice and tight but like I said in previous comment the other one is slack. Is there a way to find out if it is snapped without having to remove the tank? Or is it a case of getting the tank of to have a look?
If you are worried about the slack cable being snapped I think all you need to do is try and pull it through from the Exup end. If its OK it won't pull through.
You will have to get under the tank to adjust the cables but you shouldn't need to take it off. The adjusters are visible above the motor.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

The cables aren't under the tank. You'll find them behind the left hand side rear panel. Well that's where mine are.

You could check if there's a breakage in the cables by screwing the cable adjusters at the top so you have plenty of slack and take one of the nipples out of the exup pulley at the bottom. If it's broken it will pull out of the outer cable. Only take one nipple out at a time to check if it's alright then replace it where you got it from. Then take the other nipple out to check. Then you wont get them mixed up. If everything is fine with the cables adjust the cables with the adjusters so the fork prongs align with the hole. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Tipper2
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Tipper2 »

My cable adjusters are definitely under the tank (1991 RU) very near the motor.
Teego

Post by Teego »

If yours is an R it's what Nuggit says.
If its an RU it's under the tank.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I didn't realise you had the RU model. Silly me. :blush:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Justincoleman
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Justincoleman »

Yes it's the ru model. Will get the tank lifted up and see whats what in a few days when I get some time of work. Fingers crossed it's just a case of adjusting the cables then