Cracked liners?

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
northmanuk
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

cracked liner

Post by northmanuk »

saw a cracked liner on a thunder ace i stripped for someone so i guess it does
happen but you would have some indication of this in other ways it sounds like the pilot jet in centre block i worked on a ru which was showing similar faults
it would run on choke but if you closed it nothing. these little jets are buggers to get out you may be best just soaking hole lot in vinegar
i agree compression test will be first step tyo see if any pot is low best of luck
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I've not heard of cracked liners on FZRs but i've seen & experienced them on R model 600s & 1000s.

But the fault sounds much more like the 'O' rings between the cylinder head & the inlet manifolds part #9 on the fiche

https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-fzr1000-19 ... _2GM7iaLTQ

If any of these are split it would mirror the problems the OP is having. I've seen it many times.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
northmanuk
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

cracks

Post by northmanuk »

the engine i saw and dismantled had just been raced to death i have dismantled quite a few exups and aces which racing has killed
hey mister does peeing on the lemon tree make them grow better.No but it sure upsets yer ma
bikes 1993exup, 1988 zx10b1, 1989 zx10b3, 1981Gsx1100,ex,
2000gsxr1300
nothing newer than 2000
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Fowlers of Bristol also have them in stock

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/40 ... 9-b/intake
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk