Pi$$ing Petrol

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Hooooray!!! How about that for a Christmas present. Well done lad. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Woo hoo, great result!!!

Always try the idle circuits now when I have low down throttle issues :nod:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
matzxr
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by matzxr »

Thanks for the heads up on this Stig, you are the Exup Whisperer !!!!!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nah, can't take all the credit. Nuggitt & roadrunner came to my assistance a couple of seasons back when I was having issues with low down running
'Spose between us all and a lot of elimination of other possibilities and retrying different things we concluded it could only be blocked pilots

We must have stripped the carbs to their bare bones several times before we cured the problem. Lots of lessons learned that day! Can't thanks the guys enough for their help.
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Stig wrote:Nah, can't take all the credit. Nuggitt & roadrunner came to my assistance a couple of seasons back when I was having issues with low down running
'Spose between us all and a lot of elimination of other possibilities and retrying different things we concluded it could only be blocked pilots

We must have stripped the carbs to their bare bones several times before we cured the problem. Lots of lessons learned that day! Can't thanks the guys enough for their help.
Considering your annual mileage, I suspect it was old batshit in your carbs Paul.
Seasons greetings.
Keep on keepin' on.
Graham Crayon
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Graham Crayon »

Glad to see you've sorted it. I was watching & waiting for the outcome. My money was on stale fuel in the carbs. I have removed, stripped & cleaned the carbs on my FZ 750 so many times I swear I could do it blindfolded now! I use carb cleaner, speaker wire for the tiny holes in jets & compressed air.
Well done.
Life's short & it's hard like a body building elf