Hi all

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

You're right John. :nod:

He's started wearing a bib now. What with his dribbling, arthritis in his wallet hand and bad eyesight. The man's a total wreck and he's got the cheek to call purity Mate!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what's this then "Hate Roadrunner Week" :p

I'm so very sorry Purity Vendetta, my eyes are not what they used to be :rolleyes: I think it might be something to do with my age :nod:
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

roadrunner wrote:
I'm so very sorry Purity Vendetta, my eyes are not what they used to be :rolleyes: I think it might be something to do with my age.

nuggitt wrote

I should think so to. What's the poor lass going to think?

What do you mean it's your age. You're only 42 for god's sake. I'll have to pull you to one side and have a word. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

42...old man/men :D
Current bikes:
1989 UK FZR 1000 EXUP-R Streetfighter @48,000 miles
1993 ZXR 400 L3 UK-spec Track-bike @21,000 miles
1994 ZXR 400 L4 UK-spec Commuter @48,000 miles
1999 Malaguti Phantom F12 scooter with 70cc kit+mods @14,000 miles
Purity Vendetta
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Purity Vendetta »

Awww poor roadrunner :) I sympathise about the eyesight thing, I'm blind as a bat without my glasses!

Yes it's our main business Stig, I have had lots of years experience working in the motorcycle business and do the mechanicals and Tamzin, who likes dangerous stuff which constantly shower me with sparks, handles the fabrication stuff. We're experienced but new in the restoration business but trying hard to expand and the next step will be to get a lathe to machine the stuff we need. I'm always hassled about plugging on other people's forums without permission so I won't name our business unless it's OK'd by admin.

Interesting stuff, we're having a Sunbeam S7 in for some work in the immediate future and I'm hoping to acquire an FB AJS Stormer so I can relive my youth when I raced an ex works 360 :)

Stig, I can't remember which detergent we use in the ultrasonic so I'll have a look when I go back out to the workshop and post the name. All I can remember is that it dissolves my nails and says not to drink it on the barrel :D

Here's a couple more pictures of a Triumph TSS we did some work on roadrunner. We didn't do the whole restoration as it was bought as a part completed project. Check out the gorgeous bronze skulls in the cylinder head to cure the rubbish job Triumph made of converting the Bonnie motor to an 8 valver. Worth drooling over.

At the Carol Nash Classic Bike Show.

We don't know who did this mod but it's the mutts nuts!

Purity Vendetta
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Oh and sadly I don't own any of these bikes as I'm way too poor but on the up side I do get to ride them on occasion...

roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Thanks for the pictures Purity Vendetta, all very nice indeed. (No Goldies then :crybaby:)
Got to agree about the head, very, very nice. The last time I saw anything like that was on an ex TT 500cc Rudge Ulster.
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
compo fzr ru
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by compo fzr ru »

Here's a couple more pictures of a Triumph TSS we did some work on roadrunner. We didn't do the whole restoration as it was bought as a part completed project. Check out the gorgeous bronze skulls in the cylinder head to cure the rubbish job Triumph made of converting the Bonnie motor to an 8 valver. Worth drooling over.

those don't arf look like zed 750 rims its wearing

:eek: :eek:
08 R6 FZR 1000 RU 92 Z1R 78 79 z1000s german KTM 250 06 Z810 WISSCO PROJECT & MY DOG ZAK.

RIDE LIKE YOU NICKED IT.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

No issues here about plugging your business...feel free

But please dont take my dog bone customers. They help pay for the hosting fees :)
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Purity Vendetta
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Hey Stig do you do Dog Bones for all bikes or just FZR's/YZF's? Tammy has a Bandit 600 and wondered if you might know the length of the standard ones so we can work out what's going on with the back end? Don't worry we'll avoid the Dog Bone market as most of the bikes we work on are twin shock anyway.

The cleaning fluid we use in our ultrasonic tank is 'Ultrasonic Cleaner for Sensitive Metals' from Allendale Electronics. Hope this helps as we've found it to be good stuff. Carbs come out looking like new but the whole process is very hard on any seals or gaskets which aren't removed. We do clean stuff at 80 degrees C though which helps to break down oil and grease. The solution is a 1:10 mix which seems to cut down the number of cycles we use. Once we get going properly we'll try to offer a 10% discount to forum members but we're living hand to mouth at the moment.

The name of our business is Hawthorne and Beauchamp Motorcycles as we thought the combo of our surnames would make us kind of sound old and established to the classic and vintage set. Sounds a bit posh I know but don't be fooled :evil:
Purity Vendetta
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Hey compo, they're Morris wheels. Triumph fitted them as standard to the TSS and I think the Bonneville 'Executive'. Not really my thang, alloys on Bonnies but I guess Triumph thought they looked cool. They also used Lester wheels on a few bikes but imho they look just as horrible as the Morris ones.
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

it would be better with spokes, like my mates 1966 triumph 6t...
Current bikes:
1989 UK FZR 1000 EXUP-R Streetfighter @48,000 miles
1993 ZXR 400 L3 UK-spec Track-bike @21,000 miles
1994 ZXR 400 L4 UK-spec Commuter @48,000 miles
1999 Malaguti Phantom F12 scooter with 70cc kit+mods @14,000 miles
compo fzr ru
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by compo fzr ru »

Purity Vendetta wrote:Hey compo, they're Morris wheels. Triumph fitted them as standard to the TSS and I think the Bonneville 'Executive'. Not really my thang, alloys on Bonnies but I guess Triumph thought they looked cool. They also used Lester wheels on a few bikes but imho they look just as horrible as the Morris ones.
Kawasaki copy's then :D z1r mag

750 magImage
08 R6 FZR 1000 RU 92 Z1R 78 79 z1000s german KTM 250 06 Z810 WISSCO PROJECT & MY DOG ZAK.

RIDE LIKE YOU NICKED IT.
Purity Vendetta
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

compo fzr ru wrote:
Purity Vendetta wrote:Hey compo, they're Morris wheels. Triumph fitted them as standard to the TSS and I think the Bonneville 'Executive'. Not really my thang, alloys on Bonnies but I guess Triumph thought they looked cool. They also used Lester wheels on a few bikes but imho they look just as horrible as the Morris ones.
Kawasaki copy's then :D z1r mag

750 magImage
I have to say they look a hell of a lot better on the big Zed :shades:
Omnes qui me videt, me verentur, et ante me supplicant
Purity Vendetta
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

banner001 wrote:it would be better with spokes, like my mates 1966 triumph 6t...
With you there totally banner :thumbsup:
Purity Vendetta
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Sadly no Goldies yet roadrunner. We were at the classic and vintage show the other day and there was a really gorgeous Goldie on one stand which someone wants chopping up and turning into a bobber EEEEK!!! Poor bike :thumbsdown: