Ride on tyre sealant

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Ride on tyre sealant

Post by joeboy »

Ive got a pinhole slow puncture in my back tyre, the problem is its right next to a plugged repair..smack bang in the middle of the tread.

Spoke to my tyre fiiter mate and he said its scrap...so i coated a pin in some super glue while the tyre was deflated and its sealed it for now.(took the pin out of course).

Ive been up and down the motorway a couple of times and it seems fine..I am going to try a bottle of this stuff in it it just to be on the safe side,looks the business tested upto 150mph too.

http://www.ride-on-uk.com/
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Rutz

Post by Rutz »

:eek: Dangerous m8...don't do it :(
The EXUP stickered zimmer frame is mine and I aint got no friends
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:eek: :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Teego

Post by Teego »

No way, Jose!!!
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

don't do it..its not worth your life...or others!
AKA Bald headed b'stard
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Well i will just roast the tyre off, for a few weeks then. Its not leaking right now but even when it does it takes overnight to go down.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

The thing is has anyone died or even had an accident because of this stuff? Its been around a very long time and if it was dangerous surely they wouldnt be allowed to sell it...

Everyone has said the same DONT DO IT..but it looks a lot better spec than it used to be.

I will probly just put the tube i have in me trailor tyres cos youve all put me off trying it now.. :D
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
Rutz

Post by Rutz »

Its to close to the previous repair....and the foam stuff is a get you home repair...if it let go at 100+ on a private road you'd damage the bike :unibrow:
The EXUP stickered zimmer frame is mine and I aint got no friends
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Rutz wrote:Its to close to the previous repair....and the foam stuff is a get you home repair...if it let go at 100+ on a private road you'd damage the bike :unibrow:
The stuff i got wasnt foam..it stays in your tyre for life...its tested to 150mph.

But everyone is still saying no..

Ive searched the net for even one reference to it being dangerous or causing a crash with no joy..
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
exupbloke
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by exupbloke »

same happened to me a few years ago,new rear and nailed within 10 miles :( i just did burnouts n doughnuts with it rather than risk riding anywhere on it.at least that made me feel i got some fun out of it :D
Flipper
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by Flipper »

l used a bottle of some "green" gritty type stuff in mine for about 4-5 months with no probs, twas on ebay somewhere
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Flipper wrote:l used a bottle of some "green" gritty type stuff in mine for about 4-5 months with no probs, twas on ebay somewhere
Yeah green stuff sounds like SLIME, the one i got is pink..
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
Winterwolf
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by Winterwolf »

Put some ultraseal in the Busa tyres before I went to Europe last year ... no issues with it .... however once or twice under very harsh acceleration I got some vibrations 100mph.

Some tyre fitters swear by it... others dont (prob the ones who cant be arsed to clean the shit out of the tyre when you put a new one on :D )
K4 Suzuki Hayabusa
- Go on you know you want one! :)
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

EVERYONE said not to use it, but i cant find any reason at all not to...
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
RENEGADE
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by RENEGADE »

i put it in all my tyres,just peace of mind,but its only so you can get to a garage to get fixed.