The Ultimate Exup. . .

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
chrisexup
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by chrisexup »

I've only met Steve the once but he was a bloody diamond.
Two or three years ago i was looking to buy another bike and K2 said i could test ride a used R1 they had in. When i got back from the test i said i wasn't as blown away as i was expecting to be.
Steve understood where i was coming from 'cos the R1 was in standard trim, but my exup was highly tuned, with lowered gearing, R1 calipers on the 320mm exup rotors, suspension resprung and valved for me, and had 18kg shaved off it (cooling fans? who needs 'em? lob! etc..).
He then flabbered my ghast. "Come back on Monday and you can take MY R1 out" he said. "It's got a can on it and has lower gearing, so that'll give you a better idea of the R1's potential. I'd let you try it now but i'm prepping it for my first race, this weekend"
This for someone he'd never even met before! :eek: The man's a star.
Oh, BTW, it was the bike above Steve was referring to......
Chris.
dave 59
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by dave 59 »

bloody hell im gona av to go an change me pants again to many nice rides an there all better than mine :blush: :\
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

I can vouch for Steve as well. Have posted a few compliments before about K2. Anyway believe you me, Steve will cane the arse off that when he gets the chance. You know the saying "there goes a bloody good racer that never was", you get my drift. He is mental on a bike. One mate of his was riding so hard to pass Steve on his Exup, that he binned a R1. Still couldn't get past. And its much nicer in the flesh (the bike I mean), the photos don't do it justice. If you're passing Stoke on Trent its worth calling in to see it. :D :D :D