Datatag?

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
Gav
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Datatag?

Post by Gav »

what do people think to datatag? Gimick or deterent? Just got akit for christmas and was a suprise as never fitted it to any bike before seems simple enough even for me :D
but as far as i can tell it just guarantees a conviction, which is nice....
any experience?
Give it some beans!!!!
bronx
Technician
Technician

Post by bronx »

Insurance company's like it and thieves don't because bike plastics make up quite a bit of the value of a broken bike, so it all helps. :thumbsup:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

another one to try for club discount?...get in there!
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Yoda
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Yoda »

Insurance benefits abit. Some companies insist on datatag, even if they are not bothered about an alarm. Had a bike stolen that was tagged, so it does not really put them off. If they want your bike to send abroad it does not matter if its tagged or not. Only real way to stop it getting nicked is to weld your bike to the ground, but as everyone knows that ain't practical.
Drew
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by Drew »

gav be very carefull with the acid i've done 1 before and it burns into plastic a piece of pi55 its not easy cos the dots in the numbers are a nightmare to apply onto without it smudging under the stencil but ya dint nar till you remove then best bet get sumone thats do it before to do it ie local bike shop
Meccanik and mot tester they taste great mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so sweet
Gav
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by Gav »

cheeers en drew.
having enough trouble with the microdots and the stupid little paintbrush!!!!! In the shops at 50 and there are new sets on e-bay for 35! Cant miss out on that as contacted the insurance people and it will almost knock that much off the bill!! :D
Give it some beans!!!!