WHO RIDES EXUP'S AND WHY ?

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
Yoda
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Yoda »

Why an Exup?

Got back into biking about 5 years ago, due to young child, house move ,etc. Spent abit of cash on a new Thunder Cat from Carnells (before they went bump, 1st service, what 1st service?), reasonable price anyway. 18 months later some git with genital warts, VD, etc nicked it from work (well I hope he has). Anyway after about 7 months Carol Nash coughed up. So walked into a dealers in SOT and put a deposit on a YZF 750. Then walked into K2 motorcycles who had been looking after the cat for a bit. Told Steve what I had done. Nearly everyone in the shop, customers included, said get your deposit back! Quick dash to other dealers, managed to get money. Thank God for credit cards! Went back to other shop, "Got an exup of my own for sale if your intrested?" says Steve. "Ok", says I. "Can I have a test ride?". It's hammering down with rain but they let me loose on it anyway. Had not ridden anything else for nearly a year by now. Takes it home to show wife. "What do you reckon?" "Is the seat comfy?" "Yeah." "OK it's your money". At about 120mph going back to the shop, I suddenly realised that conditions were not ideal for that speed. I WAS HOOKED. Spent a bit of cash renewing the brakes and suspension. Don't like the paint job. Changed the end can for one which is stamped for road use. If I buy anything else, I doubt I could justify trading this bike in. It would have to be something radical. This bike has definitely got under my skin. Now finding excuses for the wife why I want to repaint it. JMC swing arms are nice as well!!! Sorry for the life story. :)
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Why an Exup?

Got back into biking about 5 years ago, due to young child, house move ,etc. Spent abit of cash on a new Thunder Cat from Carnells (before they went bump, 1st service, what 1st service?), reasonable price anyway. 18 months later some git with genital warts, VD, etc nicked it from work (well I hope he has). Anyway after about 7 months Carol Nash coughed up. So walked into a dealers in SOT and put a deposit on a YZF 750. Then walked into K2 motorcycles who had been looking after the cat for a bit. Told Steve what I had done. Nearly everyone in the shop, customers included, said get your deposit back! Quick dash to other dealers, managed to get money. Thank God for credit cards! Went back to other shop, "Got an exup of my own for sale if your intrested?" says Steve. "Ok", says I. "Can I have a test ride?". It's hammering down with rain but they let me loose on it anyway. Had not ridden anything else for nearly a year by now. Takes it home to show wife. "What do you reckon?" "Is the seat comfy?" "Yeah." "OK it's your money". At about 120mph going back to the shop, I suddenly realised that conditions were not ideal for that speed. I WAS HOOKED. Spent a bit of cash renewing the brakes and suspension. Don't like the paint job. Changed the end can for one which is stamped for road use. If I buy anything else, I doubt I could justify trading this bike in. It would have to be something radical. This bike has definitely got under my skin. Now finding excuses for the wife why I want to repaint it. JMC swing arms are nice as well!!! Sorry for the life story. :)
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Sorry about the double post. Blinkin spyware doctor updated as I pressed submit. Anyway forgot to say web site is great. Was a member of Exup Brotherhood before. Can only say some folks over the pond love themselves more than their bikes.
exupman
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

my exup

Post by exupman »

my exup,i guess it all started 15yrs ago,was racing grass track and used to use the motors tuned up etc,thought they was lovely machines engines nie on bullet proof,anyway i bought one last april bit tatty but it looked swell,it is an 1991 twin headlight r model 24k on the clock and it was great,week ago took the engine out for much needed maintance,put it back in yest ,tuned balanced,blue-printed&now with a billet clutch and six speed box,so running in now.will i get rid of it,no chance,this one is for the duration,great web site keep up the good work,p/s pictures to follow of the engine/bits i have had done during re-assembly :) :) :)
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Yoda wrote:Anyway forgot to say web site is great. Was a member of Exup Brotherhood before. Can only say some folks over the pond love themselves more than their bikes.
Are you trying to say we don't love are selves!? Ya cheeky little bleeder. . . oh wait, no, we're not supposed to love are selves are we. . . excuse me, I think I have a hair out of place. . .
"Who was that masked man?"
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Their sense of humour is quite unique compared to ours. Remember they are trying to take over the world these days. :paranoid:
Drew
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by Drew »

Yoda wrote: Remember they are trying to take over the world these days. :paranoid:
I think thats a quote from the excellent cartoon Pinky and the Brain

i know its sad but excellent I've managed to convince our lass i'm only 5 but i think i'm right yipeeeeeeeeee mam mam play time soon summers comin and am allowed to go playin with the big boys as long as am in before dark
Meccanik and mot tester they taste great mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so sweet
nismo

Post by nismo »

Only got my Thunderace about 6 weeks ago, but like many on here, used to have one ot the Yam strokers with YPVS, so it all made some sort of sense. Always liked the ace since it's launch, and after a couple of years without a bike (started playing around with cars) decided it was time to get another bike, and after a quiet day in work, nowt better to do than mooch around on bike trader, came across a mint ace for sale (thanks exupvalve!!!!). Got the ace, been out on her as much as possible since!!!
Went for an ace cos they can do everything I want it to do, be nice and sensible going into work, but blow my skirt up and charge round like a loony as well, and be pretty comfortable in the process. Perfect!!!!
Plastic Scouser
Site Photographer
Site Photographer

Post by Plastic Scouser »

Why an EXUP?

I had always been a Suzuki fan (Barry Sheene an all that) :nod:

Into streetfighters, the natural progression was to get a Gixxer.

My brother in law bought a 1990 EXUP and we streetfightered it - An absolutely awsome animal - I bought it from him and was instantly hooked.

Not seen too many Thunderace streetfighters, so when the opportunity of my current weapon of choice came along I lunged at it - Not stopped smiling since :D
Exup/V-Boost? Tomato/Tomato? Same meat - Different gravy :)
All the same innit? It's still a yam :)