Almost high sided it last night.......

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Roadhog
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Almost high sided it last night.......

Post by Roadhog »

Well.... me and a few of the lads........ 5 guys 1 gal,all decided to go for a bit of a play last night at my fave corner and straight bit,couple of the guys trying to practise their wheelies and me trying out me new sliders (coz i am too much of a pussy to try a wheelie :D ).
It all started off well,knee down,laying the bike down a little further each time,getting more confident (cocky) with each run. Went into the corner in 2nd,layed the bike over,knee on the floor and then the rear spun up and slid out,my reaction was to shut down which then let the rear find grip again,and there i am,ass about a foot off the seat,lil legs no where near the pegs thinking "this could be bad". But luckily i landed back on the seat and carried on and turned around for another go,using 3rd each time after that lol.
I think i just ran out of rear tyre,the scuff marks go right off the edge,but i am still only on the 160 section,so i had better get me ass in gear and fit the exup rear end......... SOON

Unfortunately we have no pics of me trying to dismount mid corner :D

Ade
Virgin sliders....
Not so virgin anymore :-) 26/11/06
timmy hammer
Technician
Technician

Post by timmy hammer »

:FU: :FU: :FU: :FU: :FU: :FU:
well done that man :exorcist: hats off to ya
A,K,A ( sandyfzr) he he he
stevierst
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by stevierst »

You lucky bugger! :eek: :eek:

Have you got the dry cleaning bill for your leathers yet? :lol: :lol:
stop polishin' it and ride the f***ing thing!

It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.
kiwi_r1
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by kiwi_r1 »

Black & Brown road markings. :D :nod: ......................must stay away from Colchester :ninja:
My Wifes an Ace, I've got an R1
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Still better than just popping wheelies. And you learnt something too. :nod: :nod:
Roadhog
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by Roadhog »

Yeah i learnt not to take that corner in 2nd until i have me 180 rear end on lol

Ade
Virgin sliders....
plodder

Post by plodder »

And learned to keep that throttle where it is when the back gets loose. :unibrow:

When I had the FZ, I used to have loads of fun on one of the local roundabouts with peg and knee on the floor with the rear sliding away :lol: :lol: :lol: . I've not managed it yet on the exup. :ninja:
Converted to pedal power. Now skinny as fook.
Roadhog
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by Roadhog »

The thing is that i wasnt actually on the gas that hard,was just holding it constant,the reason it slid was that i think i just ran off the edge of the tyre,if i hadnt shut the throttle down it would have low sided me,its a reminder that i need to get me finger out and sort me upgrades,USD front end,EXUP rear end,R1 seat unit,wish i wasnt such a lazy bastid :D and i still got me FZR7 to sort out,i now have the engine for that...... :D

Ade
Virgin sliders....
trogg9
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

High side

Post by trogg9 »

Lucky sod :( , I had a similar thing happen on Friday, going round a roundabout, hit a spillage, bike went to low side me, then high sided me when it got grip again, threw me back in the seat then took me through some little trees... :crybaby: ouch! Bike held up well considering, just cosmetics really (well thats all im hoping). Crutches are my new mode of transport :eek: The real pain was all the knob jockies on 4 wheels just staring as they drove past....It got worse tho, A pen15 in an audi sport decided to go round 3 times drifting the car round one handed whilst giving me the thumbs up!!!!! Still when the bike is back on the road he WILL be stuck in a traffic jam and I wont....!! :lol:
WAKWAK
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by WAKWAK »

oooo a new member :nod: get in the lounge and introduce your self to the heathens :nod:
Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.
Roadhog
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Re: High side

Post by Roadhog »

trogg9 wrote:Lucky sod :( , I had a similar thing happen on Friday, going round a roundabout, hit a spillage, bike went to low side me, then high sided me when it got grip again, threw me back in the seat then took me through some little trees... :crybaby: ouch! Bike held up well considering, just cosmetics really (well thats all im hoping). Crutches are my new mode of transport :eek: The real pain was all the knob jockies on 4 wheels just staring as they drove past....It got worse tho, A pen15 in an audi sport decided to go round 3 times drifting the car round one handed whilst giving me the thumbs up!!!!! Still when the bike is back on the road he WILL be stuck in a traffic jam and I wont....!! :lol:
Damn,sorry to hear that mate,how bad is the bike? welcome to the forum by the way

Ade
Virgin sliders....
Rutz

Post by Rutz »

Velcome trogg9
The EXUP stickered zimmer frame is mine and I aint got no friends
barfly
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by barfly »

Rutz wrote:Velcome trogg9
:rolleyes: Oh Dear Rutz thinks the Germans are attacking again...NURSE MEDICATION PLEASE
Brakes??? I thought thats what pedestrians were for!
Rutz

Post by Rutz »

Nope I don't......Its those Boers again :D
The EXUP stickered zimmer frame is mine and I aint got no friends
Metalface

Post by Metalface »

My exups the only bike I've had that is capable of wheelies and knee down action, I've tried getting my knee down but seems miles off when I look down, (instead of looking where I'm going) my tires are telling me I'm over enough so it must be short legs thats stopping me :nod: or I'm just soft. :nod: :lol:
As for wheelies I'm to soft, scared it'll come up too quick and end up on top of me :rolleyes: I'll have a go soon :nod: :nod: :nod: I've wheelied by accident a few times :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: I didn't like it, but that was because I didn't know it was going to happen. :D
If I have to understand, don't bother to explain.

Yoda wrote:Well mental bikes though, suits you sir.