Spotted this on the interweb - Can anyone recommend it?

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
Plastic Scouser
Site Photographer
Site Photographer

Spotted this on the interweb - Can anyone recommend it?

Post by Plastic Scouser »

http://www.lock2lock.co.uk/

Sounds good in theory - And lets face it, we need all the help we can get locking our bikes up in public :paranoid:
Exup/V-Boost? Tomato/Tomato? Same meat - Different gravy :)
All the same innit? It's still a yam :)
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by Neo »

Yea, Tell me about it, My mate just paid out the best side of nine grand for his aprilla, all sorts of locks,alarms and devices on it including bolting to concrete floor, and it still went walkies.
How the feck they even managed to touch it let alone move it is a mystery. And all in total silence as well!!
There are some real expert crooks about so dont anyone leave their bike vunrable at any time at all.
dont trust anthing for one second, ever.
Neo

Ridin, And Freezin' But I dont care.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

A few years ago I wrote to the local council asking them to install a rail about a foot high in their carparks...to chain/lock your bikes to. :poke: ....they replied with a "can't afford it letter":wall: :crybaby:

so I wrote to my local MP who then wrote to the council.......

two weeks later there was a rail in the most popular bike/ car park in the town...at least it was a start! :D :drunk: :clap:

so get in there..they can only say no and it only costs a letter or two....it might stop them walking off with YOUR pride and joy :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Plastic Scouser
Site Photographer
Site Photographer

Post by Plastic Scouser »

The theory for the original post is great though - Just place a small sticker on your bike that says it's ok for someone else to lock their bike to yours. Saves your pride and joy whilst waiting for the council to meet their obligations :nod:
Exup/V-Boost? Tomato/Tomato? Same meat - Different gravy :)
All the same innit? It's still a yam :)
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Plastic Scouser wrote:The theory for the original post is great though - Just place a small sticker on your bike that says it's ok for someone else to lock their bike to yours. Saves your pride and joy whilst waiting for the council to meet their obligations :nod:
I really like what your saying...the theory is absolutely excellent

BUT

I'm very wary about some idiot thinking that they can lock their bike to mine...as in maybe through a wheel with their chain :naughty:

now that wouldn't be funny :flak:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
bronx
Technician
Technician

Re: Spotted this on the interweb - Can anyone recommend it?

Post by bronx »

[quote="Plastic Scouser"]http://www.lock2lock.co.uk/

"Sounds good in theory"

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me(no offence to you Plastic, just I do things my way, cos I'm a rockard geordie bastard see).

Lock2Lock, thats when you get on the brakes too late ain't it?.
The best deterent in my opinion is for every biker in the country to park up leave the keys in the bike, hide somewhere to observe, then when the greasy weezel, toe rag shite decides to knick yer bike, jump out from yer hidin spot and kick the shite out of him!, empty his pockets just to piss him off, take a photo to post on the site then when another exup brother see's whats left of his sad ugly face they can kick the shite out of him again. Sorted :unibrow: :unibrow:

Fact: Most thieves are soft as shite, don't be afraid, iff you are then get tooled up, or take a pal, or, I'll send wor lass iff you like, she's a hard vicious nasty stone faced piece of work who likes a scrap, ( sorry pet, :blush: but I have got the scar's to prove it), it'll be fun, what do ya recken lads? whooz in eh? Ha Ha. Free Fun Fun Fun!

I wonse saw some lads catch some twat's in 'Sunderland' ( For those of you who dont know it, it's a deprived of social graces, + a few other things, North East area with a Crap football team, ect, ect, some lovely slack women, nice and 'slight problem', tough maccum bastard men on every street corner), knickin a Z13 which was all shackled up,but, the kid's had put the kwak on roller skates and woz rollin it away and boyz did they get a shooin it was a proper one. A bet the never knicked a bike again! :lol: :lol: So who's in eh?
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

Its one good reason for having an older bike
Your usual average thieving ba***rds don't normally nick them cause its not worth the bother except for a joyride. They usually go for R1's and stuff they can make a quick buck on :mad: :mad: :mad:
Vagabond
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by Vagabond »

A few years ago my mate had his bike stole and a search party was sent out, they found a guy pushing the bike along the road and when he seen the guys coming for him he dropped the bike and did a runner.

Needless to say he was caught and got the shit kicked out of him, they then brought him to the cash point and told him to withdraw money to pay for the damages he did to the bike while dropping it, he started to plead poverty and 'the wife will kill me' etc, so he eventually withdrew his limit for that day and money parted hands.

He got off lightly if you ask me, especially in Northern Ireland!
bronx
Technician
Technician

Post by bronx »

Vagabond wrote:A few years ago my mate had his bike stole and a search party was sent out, they found a guy pushing the bike along the road and when he seen the guys coming for him he dropped the bike and did a runner.

Needless to say he was caught and got the shit kicked out of him, they then brought him to the cash point and told him to withdraw money to pay for the damages he did to the bike while dropping it, he started to plead poverty and 'the wife will kill me' etc, so he eventually withdrew his limit for that day and money parted hands.

He got off lightly if you ask me, especially in Northern Ireland!
:nod: :nod: Thats the way to sort the theivin shits out mate! Music to me ears pal :nod: :nod:
barden
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

BEST SECURE SYSTEM EVER, OLD BUT WORKS EVER TIME.

Post by barden »

I PARK MY YZF IN THE GARAGE, SHUT THE DOOR AND THERES A GREAT BIG DOG FLAP THERE.
IF THE GERMEN SHEPARD DOG HERES ANYTHING HE'S UP AND INTO ACTION WITH TEETH ETC.
THEY CAN BUT TRY. (AND BEFORE YOU SAY GIVE HIM MEAT - HE ONLY TAKES FOOD FROM ME)
ASK MY INSURANCE COMPANY IF THAT HELP TO MAKE COVER CHEAPER THEY SAID "NO"
yzf750r full race spec bike. fitted with thunderace motor.
bronx
Technician
Technician

Post by bronx »

I pal yer mut might not tak a meat sandwich but a bet he'd gan after a bitch in heat! wudn't he. :lol: Thinkaboot it pal, the bike may still be nickable, ya muts shaggin away, fastened on an that and some twat's wheelin ya cyckle away :lol: :lol: :lol:
barden
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by barden »

i keep with the dog.

MCN done a right up last year (with ex bike robbers)
most said if there is a big dog, they leave the bike it to much of a problem. they study you and the bike for weeks before they steel it.
in and out job, planned.
mind due there proberly only intrested in newish bikes = R1 R6 RSV
yzf750r full race spec bike. fitted with thunderace motor.