SURVIVAL TIPS

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
bronx
Technician
Technician

SURVIVAL TIPS

Post by bronx »

:) Hi there fello bike fiends, Here are three tips which you may or may not already use but may help you at a time of need If your'e like me and do a lot of your miles out on your own,

1/ Carry a witness camera under your seat. What is it, well its a cheap disposable camera from your local chemist which in the unfortunate event of you, or a mate, having a coming together with another motor vehicle, can take a few snap shots of the scene which you can use later to assist your claim either with an insurer or in a court of law. Its hard evidence to ignore. ( You can also use it to snap that horny blonde waitress at the cafe when shes putting her lipstick on, flippin heck man, slappa)

2/ Carry a can of tyre weld under your seat or elsewhere so that in the unfortunate event that you get a puncture you at least have half a chance of getting home. Halfords had some very small ones designed for (sounds daft) mopeds so theyr'e easy to carry and will put about 25psi into a 190 section rear tyre. ( yes I know you run 42psi so carry two)

3/ Carry a wet sponge. How?, get a tennis ball, (Tin Henman may loan you a one but dont tell him what its for) If you cant contact him try your local sports shop. Cut the top third from the ball with a sharp knife, watch your fingers you younger ones reading this, and drill a hole in the bottom and mount to your fairing frame with a cable tie. Find a nice sponge, cut a chunk off, you younguns could use a piece of your bath sponge prehaps, wet it and you will always be able to clean those pesky bugs off your visor. Sorted no more double vision.

Watch this space for some more great tips from 'Bronxy's book on biking for the under 90's' written by my good self, available at all good boot sales soon.

Caution these tips are for the ears of exup owners only, its only realy a man of my caliber who could have thought of them! If you have any for me that I aint thought of then I may include them in my book and give you a cut on the copywrite so lets here from ya. :D :D :D
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Excellent tips mate, especially about the camera, like it. . . Only thing is, you couldn't fit a weight watchers ultra thin gain-no-pounds-quick heath wafer in the space, or rather lack thereof, under the seat of my '90 Ex. :retard:
My tip, lots and lots of pockets in ya leathers. :nod:
"Who was that masked man?"
bronx
Technician
Technician

Re: SURVIVAL TIPS

Post by bronx »

bronx wrote::) Hi there fello bike fiends, Here are three tips which you may or may not already use but may help you at a time of need If your'e like me and do a lot of your miles out on your own,

1/ Carry a witness camera under your seat. What is it, well its a cheap disposable camera from your local chemist which in the unfortunate event of you, or a mate, having a coming together with another motor vehicle, can take a few snap shots of the scene which you can use later to assist your claim either with an insurer or in a court of law. Its hard evidence to ignore. ( You can also use it to snap that horny blonde waitress at the cafe when shes putting her lipstick on, flippin heck man, slappa)

2/ Carry a can of tyre weld under your seat or elsewhere so that in the unfortunate event that you get a puncture you at least have half a chance of getting home. Halfords had some very small ones designed for (sounds daft) mopeds so theyr'e easy to carry and will put about 25psi into a 190 section rear tyre. ( yes I know you run 42psi so carry two)

3/ Carry a wet sponge. How?, get a tennis ball, (Tin Henman may loan you a one but dont tell him what its for) If you cant contact him try your local sports shop. Cut the top third from the ball with a sharp knife, watch your fingers you younger ones reading this, and drill a hole in the bottom and mount to your fairing frame with a cable tie. Find a nice sponge, cut a chunk off, you younguns could use a piece of your bath sponge prehaps, wet it and you will always be able to clean those pesky bugs off your visor. Sorted no more double vision.

Watch this space for some more great tips from 'Bronxy's book on biking for the under 90's' written by my good self, available at all good boot sales soon.

Caution these tips are for the ears of exup owners only, its only realy a man of my caliber who could have thought of them! If you have any for me that I aint thought of then I may include them in my book and give you a cut on the copywrite so lets here from ya. :D :D :D
Just read what Iv'e written :retard: , as you probably guessed you use the cut down ball to carry the sponge in, get what I mean :) :)
macca
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by macca »

I ALWAYS ride with a bath of water on the back,
it makes it so much easier to locate that niggling puncture..... :nod:
Improvise,Adapt,Overcome
bronx
Technician
Technician

Post by bronx »

macca wrote:I ALWAYS ride with a bath of water on the back,
it makes it so much easier to locate that niggling puncture..... :nod:
Yes Iv'e no doubt you do macca. A lot of you southern based boys a very waterie I believe.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

camera phones....more compact and easier to store and you can ring the AA and such like from them :thumbsup:

and don't forget your ICE numbers (in case of emergency)
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Bugger me Dude!!!!!!!!!!!
There's the voice of experience for ya. :eek:
"Who was that masked man?"