WHO RIDES EXUP'S AND WHY ?

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
Easy
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by Easy »

My last bike was a Gixxer 750 SRAD (please dont hold it against me :p ) and when it was doing what is was designed for, it was an awesome bike. But for most of the time, commuting, town riding, etc it was just too much work and a real pig.
A lot of my mates ride big nakeds, and we'll bugger off for the afternoon, but after an hour i was buggered, the back, legs, wrist etc.
I wanted something I could still scratch on, but wont leave me like a cripple after a good ride.
So after looking about, i took a ride on a m8's Thunderace, and that was it I knew it was bike for me and i've never looked back. :D
Lifes a blurr on an 'Ace
jasegee
Location: West country bumkin teaching northerners how to ride !

bleeding hell

Post by jasegee »

gert lush my babber tis fooking brill wes found tis banging site and all the way bown in brizzol too another EXUP yer tis fooking lush !!!

heehee in other words nice to see another EXUP rider in bristol

:evil: :evil:
Gav
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by Gav »

jasegee, another Bristol member!!! We will have to meet up eat something unhealthy and then do the cheddar gorge run or something like that one day!! :)
1040EXUP
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by 1040EXUP »

Its ok folks, you can buy a Brissol dictionary, they've just released a 2nd edition :eek:

Si
Next stop 200mph
bazza
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by bazza »

1040EXUP wrote:Its ok folks, you can buy a Brissol dictionary, they've just released a 2nd edition :eek:

Si

aye whey aye man its alang side wor geordie vorsion :unibrow:
Oh ya baby das ist fantastiche
1040EXUP
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by 1040EXUP »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Si
Next stop 200mph
Fzr1
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by Fzr1 »

I would say why I ride one but since it hasn't been going right I dont know.....maybe just shorty I'll know why I ride one but as from right now.......erm I can't say :(
jasegee
Location: West country bumkin teaching northerners how to ride !

sure

Post by jasegee »

the george sounds like a plan was going to go up to nottinham for the toy run if yer interested ?
http://www.toyrun.org.uk/

ohh yeh fowlers ? grr hate em
:finger:

:D :D
Gav
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by Gav »

fowlers or fowlups?? A guy I know bought a bike of them and they said yep we have just serviced it...off he rode and after a mile the engine seized!!! They hadnt put any oil in it!!!!!! And food is better in Riders if you can squeeze past the mid life crisis in leather chaps with shiny hardly movingson.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
1040EXUP
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by 1040EXUP »

Y I ride an EXUP?.....

Last big bike was a GSX750, no not GSXR, I mean coffin shaped tank, air cooled 16v GSX.... financial strains, and the need to get laid on a more regular basis (easier in the back of a maestro / fiesta whatever) meant the bike went..... 8 plus years past, and the future Mrs was cool for me to get a new bike, ask EXUPFREAK she's a diamond :D

Decided, a modernish 600 (FZR600R) would be good.... got a few insurance quotes and OMG!!! silly money cos I had't ridden for so long... then one kindly broker suggested we compare a quote for an EXUP...... it was less than half the fekkin price - SOLD TO THE MAN OVER THERE!!! I mean 130bhp of sports bike, the grand daddy of them all - NEVER looked back, even when its become a real love hate relationship..... :retard:

Will I chance..... doubt it somehow :D

Si
Next stop 200mph
macca
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by macca »

When i was a puppy i used to stand outside dealer showrooms and leave snotty nose prints on the window trying to get a closer look at the hardware. It was a yamaha dealer.
One day even the staff were excited cos they had a brand new bike on show. Twas a FZR100...... i wanted one
Many years down the line a mate came round on his new bike, an exup in loctite colours, then another mate came round, on a rwb exup. We went out to play and it took me a week to catch them up......i really wanted one
Many many years down the line i was well into fast bikes and used to ride out with a group of mates ( TL1000, 916,zx9,gsxr etc). Someone had wheelied their bike into a wall ( eerr ) and had dug out his 'old dog' and still came out to play. Twas an Exup. The bastard overtook me on the inside with a nubile pillion on board, we were both kneedown.
I really really really wanted one.

Now i've got one :D :D

Thats my story, who's next?
Improvise,Adapt,Overcome
Fzr1
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by Fzr1 »

Well I did allway's want one too.........

Cause many years ago about 89-90 I used to drink in Houston (the Houston Inn, just outside Linwood, itsnotagenesis know's the place) and usually on Sunday's the biker's would all park ouside the pub.

And this r/w/b exup was allway's the first one that cought my eye, I thought mmmmmm, one day, one day, dunno what one mind you. I used to see other bike's too but there was just something that bloody exup that "did it" for me.

I didn't see that many through the 90's really, apart from the one mentioned, cause I was looking through the world from a pint glass :rolleyes: . But then one at a mate's house (again in Houston) infact itsnotagenesis you might know him/them, Gordon McClean, Jamie he had a party with all the bike's in his garage and again there were two bloody exup's :eek: .

So I guess like the rest of you, Iv'e allway's one too, and now after all those years waiting Iv'e got it, it's not going right :crybaby:
Vagabond
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by Vagabond »

Why I have an EXUP?

Fate really! I bought it on Ebay a few months ago coz I do a lot of milage and had a CBR1000 a few years ago until a dear old lady pulled out in front of me and totalled the car and my leg and arm. I rode crusiers for a while, chopped, lowered and matt black, it was easier on my leg and wrist. Recently I got bored and swapped the my H/D Ironhead and VN800 for a GSXR 7/11 but found it totally useless for anything but putting a grin on your face and points on my license, so went looking for a Sports/Tourer again like the CBR1000, got to admit the EXUP is more Sports than Tour, but she'll do for a while. I'm getting a flip screen for it to help with the wind. I'm taking her to Paris in April coz I'm running the Marathon, then to Brittany to relax, if it passes as a tourer I'll keep her but if not I may let her go.....

Past history... started riding at 10, On the road at 17 (legally), dispatched in London for a couple of years, bike I loved most? GSX1100ET Survival bike.

Currently Have 5 bikes, Kawa LTD440, Honda CB700 Nighthawk, Yam XS1100 (customised), GSXR 7/11 and '89 FZR1000
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Exup...long story....to cut short

I was always into speed...even as a kid...always wanted to go faster(you know..Dad had a fast car(Triumph Dolomite...boy was that fast)...go on dad put ya foot down!!!) and so it went on until I got a bike

Had a couple of LC350's but always ankered after one of them big four strokes that you could hear 10 miles away on a Sunday morning......

When most of my mates rode 4 strokes it soon got hard work to keep up with them once out of the twisties...they'd all clear off at 140+...the poor old LC just wasn't a match :crybaby:

Years ago , I'd read PB with Mark Forsyth testing an EXUP...an article that I never forgot...I had to have one of them!!!the handling, the speed, the looks...and a seat built for short arses like me :D

6 years ago out of the blue whilst sitting on our back garden, our lass says " do you still want a big bike?"...SILLY QUESTION!!!

Do Bears S**t in the wood....?

ok, she says go and get one then :D :D :D :D

BOY oh BOY...what a feeling when you wind that throttle to the stop and hang on for grim death....

would I swap it....you got to be kidding!!! :finger:...

its like riding your first big bike all over again, everytime I manage to reach the seat LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
leo432green
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

x

Post by leo432green »

only managed to get my first xup this year, always wanted one when since i first pass my test when i was 17, but all i could aford to insure was a half knnackered elsie. so after putting my first of two zx6r`s through a wall after getting a false neutral :retard: .three years later i have gone 0ff the screaming motor of the 2nd zx6, and out of skintness, i have started building my original dream bike off ebay, but am begining to realize i need all the help i can :paranoid: anyway enough of my drivel :retard:
if your exup valve`s rattlin, least you know its not seized....:)