Gone over to the RED side...............

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Thunderacemalc
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Thunderacemalc »

ah expensive as in the drinks bill at night you mean :lol: :lol: :lol:
Black Aces rule............
Morepower
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Morepower »

Thunderacemalc wrote:daz thats why he looked so miserable :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too right..... I have swolen hands from the pounding the hard suspension gave them and my feet still tingle...Plus a few more personal aches !!! I wish I could keep the swelling but get rid of the pain!!!!! :crybaby: :D
Thunderacemalc

Post by Thunderacemalc »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bet yr misses does to :lol: :lol: :lol: then she might think the moans are not pain from riding the bike :lol: :lol: :lol:
Teego

Post by Teego »

kiwi_r1 wrote:Look forward to the article :D , makes my Essex to Cornwall in 9 hours seem really crap. :crybaby:
Essex to Cornwall in 9 hours is really crap. I've done Derby to the German border in that.
Keep on keepin' on.
Thunder-Exup
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Thunder-Exup »

1800miles in 3 days wooo sounds painful but FUN :D

PB will be selling well this month :cool:
Old Guys do it with PASSION
young guys come and go!
Thor
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Thor »

sh11t did 730 in one day and took a week to recover :( :( hats off to ya. look forward to reading the article :nod: :nod: :nod:

My ride was on an Ace though :D :D :D
Morepower
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Morepower »

Thor wrote:sh11t did 730 in one day and took a week to recover :( :( hats off to ya. look forward to reading the article :nod: :nod: :nod:

My ride was on an Ace though :D :D :D
The Ace is like an arm chair next to a Ducati 999. My hands are swolen with the pounding from the harsh suspension and the hard seat and long reach to the bars give you muscle pain in your shoulders. I won't go into the firm rear suspension and sitting too close to the tank!

Funny thing is I could do it again... But I don't think the Ducati could!
The clutch almost stopped working coming out of Scotland so I had to change up and down the box clutchless!!!

Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Morepower wrote:
Arcanum wrote:Hey there Rich,

All you need now is a decent set of brake and clutch levers!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet bike though mate, I'd still prefer the 916, the one that started it all. :ninja:
Yeah.... I know. I wish I could. The clutch almost stopped working , Hydraulic problem....Could have done with an adjustable ratio lever!!!

The bike is not actually mine..... I have been a journo for a few days !!! It belongs to PB and I have done a bike test in the magazine! We did John O'Groats to Lands End in about 14 Hours !! Now I have to write about it and it will be in the next edition of PB!! Photo's and everything !!!!

So I give the bike back on Monday..... Can't wait to get my little R1 back!!!
Dude that's cool! :eek:
Which nutters from Performing Burks (Snigger, sorry) was along with you for the ride? Or is that confidential until the mag hits?
Will it be in the October or November issue? Gotta make sure we don't miss it! :nod:

Would it qualify for the 'Out to play' section of the main site I wonder? Or would Performance Bikes sue! :paranoid:
"Who was that masked man?"
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Morepower wrote:ARC..... I have missed some of your funnier posts..... have you been busy??? I hope the bike is still breaking hearts !!!!
Hey there Rich,

Ahhhhhhhh, you're just saying that to make me blush. :blush:
Bike's sweet mate, thanks. Unfortunately my hand took a turn for the worse and makes riding more than a few miles almost impossible. Might have to go the whole hog and have it re-broken and reset again!

Yep, I've been busy, I'm afraid I've been shirking my forum responsibilities and actually doing some work, strange person that I am. Actually mate, my work involves writing too, but when I'm done mine will be a wee bit thicker than PB, but there's no guarantee mine will get published. :crybaby:
plodder

Post by plodder »

Morepower wrote:
The Ace is like an arm chair next to a Ducati 999. My hands are swolen with the pounding from the harsh suspension and the hard seat and long reach to the bars give you muscle pain in your shoulders. I won't go into the firm rear suspension and sitting too close to the tank!

Funny thing is I could do it again... But I don't think the Ducati could!
The clutch almost stopped working coming out of Scotland so I had to change up and down the box clutchless!!!
Gonna be a good positive write up for the Duke then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Converted to pedal power. Now skinny as fook.
Thunderacemalc

Post by Thunderacemalc »

amazing really dukes look good ......... seems they handle well ......... etc etc etc ........

but from what you say can't take a bit of decent mileage ......... all that money an only able to use em for short 50 mile trips .......... but there again think that is what most peps do who own em ........ :nod: :nod: :nod:
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Arcanum wrote:

Unfortunately my hand took a turn for the worse and makes riding more than a few miles almost impossible. Might have to go the whole hog and have it re-broken and reset again!

Yep, I've been busy, I'm afraid I've been shirking my forum responsibilities and actually doing some work, strange person that I am. Actually mate, my work involves writing too, but when I'm done mine will be a wee bit thicker than PB, but there's no guarantee mine will get published. :crybaby:
Arc that sounds worrying. :( I take it you had a crash in a previous life which gave you the arthrirtus?
On the plus side, are you writing that book at long last? And if so, is it hush, hush, or can we all now about it first? :D
Morepower
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Morepower »

Arcanum wrote: Dude that's cool! :eek:
Which nutters from Performing Burks (Snigger, sorry) was along with you for the ride? Or is that confidential until the mag hits?
Will it be in the October or November issue? Gotta make sure we don't miss it! :nod:

Would it qualify for the 'Out to play' section of the main site I wonder? Or would Performance Bikes sue! :paranoid:
I did the ride with Olly and Mark. They are good guys and they have possibly the best job for a biker in summer but I pity them in the colder wetter months! It will be out at the end of September I think......

Now no taking the piss out of the photo's in the magazine please. The photographer was really good with different angles and use of lights so the bikes will look stunning but they can't work miracles and I am not exactly Brad Pit...I'm more or like actor Marty Feldman ! Especially after all those miles!!
Morepower
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Morepower »

Thunderacemalc wrote:amazing really dukes look good ......... seems they handle well ......... etc etc etc ........

but from what you say can't take a bit of decent mileage ......... all that money an only able to use em for short 50 mile trips .......... but there again think that is what most peps do who own em ........ :nod: :nod: :nod:
I do have to say there are only a couple of things about the 999 which are annoying. I think if it were mine I could spend a small amount of money and a bit of time and make it 90% better. Only the tank range would be an issue then..... OR I could have spent a load of money and had a 749R tank which is 21 litres !! Now I could have possibly done the trip loads quicker !!!

The thing about any trip which covers that many miles is the bike has to be prepped! Not just a quick oil level and fresh tyres.... No a full check every nut and bolt. The bike is going to do more miles in a couple of days than many people ride in a year !!

The 999 would be brilliant in Europe where the roads are better and faster flowing. I could do round Europe on it with out too many problems as I did put I could do 14 hours plus in my notes.

Most of long distance riding is about pain control and comfort. But trying to do this type of thing with only fuel stops you have to add energy with drinks and food. Not so easy.
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Morepower wrote: I did the ride with Olly and Mark. They are good guys and they have possibly the best job for a biker in summer but I pity them in the colder wetter months! It will be out at the end of September I think......
Nice one. Wasn't it Mark who had the Triumph 1050 Speed Triple last year? The one with the dodgy brakes. :eek:
Morepower wrote: Now no taking the piss out of the photo's in the magazine please. The photographer was really good with different angles and use of lights so the bikes will look stunning but they can't work miracles and I am not exactly Brad Pit...I'm more or like actor Marty Feldman ! Especially after all those miles!!
Now that's just being nasty, as if any of the nice chaps on this forum would ever take the piss out of anyone! :rolleyes: :lol: