Thunderacemalc pic

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Thunderacemalc
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Thunderacemalc »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fair question knowing my competancy :lol: :lol: :lol: but yeah i am turning them the right way :mad: :mad:

an i know v well if i really go for it i will strip the d.... things ....... not a lot of room to move but when the bike is starting to lift in the air (yes dave even a lardy ace) i know i'm giving it a bit of effort ....... i mean the bike is not light (as says dave) so if i am managing to lift the ........ then it is having some effort put on it ........ :angry:
Black Aces rule............
dave 59

Post by dave 59 »

ditto :nod: :nod:
the older i get the faster i was
itsnotagenesis

Post by itsnotagenesis »

Thats what I mean instead of lifting to try to loosen them , push down instead and you will get more force into it
Thunderacemalc

Post by Thunderacemalc »

fair point there will have another look at it again later :nod:
nismo

Post by nismo »

If that don't work, may be worth trying to shock it too loosen it. Show it a photo of the ex, that should shock it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Dunno if it's recommended or not, but if I encouter the tight nuts problem :eek: and can't get it off by hand :unibrow: usually find a bit of pursuasion with a hammer :retard: :crybaby: can be enough to get it to move a bit and loosen enough so I can then finish it off by hand :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as for seized parts on the bike........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Defected for that V Twin goodness
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Malc if your nuts are tight :unibrow: spray them with GT85 not WD40 or try some 3 in 1 oil spray to soak them overnight. Put socket on to nut end and get someone else to hold a spanner or socket on the bolt head end. Gently tighten for a sec and I mean gently ya big bugger, and then reverse ratchet and undo. Sometimes a little tweak of tightening will break the rust seal and then you can undo the bolts. Otherwise bring the dog legs on sunday and we'll do it at my house. With six of us, theres enough peeps to hold the back end off the floor while Dave and I root around underneath (coz we small we'll fit better). You can lay your bike down on the ground to do this job, but its not recommended. You will have to take off your pipe and link pipe though to get at the top bolt. It wont push out otherwise. :D
Thunderacemalc

Post by Thunderacemalc »

well won an Ohlins rear shock on ebay this week should have it for the weekend ..........

an gone mad got a single sided swing arm 2day :eek: :eek: :eek:

cheers Barden .......... its Yoda's fault :lol: :lol: :lol:

so now lookin at R1 rear ends .......... prefer womens but will stop that for a bit till i find a decent R1 rear ........... gonna be a whole new rear end next year ......... told me Ohlins should fit the single sider .......... bloody hope so ......... :)
nismo

Post by nismo »

:eek: :eek: :eek: This is turning into Pimp my Thunderace!!!! Should look sweet when it's done though :D
Thunderacemalc

Post by Thunderacemalc »

bling me boy :lol: :lol: :lol:

got a few more ideas as well ......... this moding game is fun, trouble is i don't think it ever stops ......... have a look at TTS Performance an their work on Supercharges ........ plus they had a bit in this weeks MCN about a supercharged bike mmmmmmmm :lol: :lol: :lol:
nismo

Post by nismo »

Dunno if the same applies to bikes as it does cars, but with most cars you can literally bolt on a supercharger kit up running up to 8psi of boost without needing an intercooler etc. Might be the same for bikes, dunno. Probably not though, think bikes tend to have higher compression ratios and stuff
YZF1000R-SPRINT
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by YZF1000R-SPRINT »

Malc,

Dont think an R1 swinger will fit.

I'm sure that the position/angle of the shock and or mountings on frame swing arm on the ACE is totally different to that of an R1, Cant remeber which but I have tried this mod.

Suppose it could be done but I wanted something that would fit more or less straight in.
Thunderacemalc

Post by Thunderacemalc »

like your avatar jason :lol: :lol: :lol:

not an R1 swinger ........... gone an got a vfr800 single sider :eek: :eek:

an yep it don't fit :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: of course that would be to easy (well not for me :lol: :lol: :lol: ) it gonna need some machining to get it to fit ......... but it also means you gotta take all the stuff of the rear of the ace so that the machine shop (who ever that will be not yet chosen) can then fit it to match ace frame ..........

so what a pile of poo .......... BUT ....... a friendly bloke on er (Barden who i got the single sider an wheel off) spotted a ace frame ......... so i will know in a cpl of days if i've got it ........... please please please ........

the frame is damaged but ideal for project work :D :D :D

so looking at the rear at the moment got an R1 05 rear (plastic bit only) coming ........ even the same grey as the ace :nod: :nod: :nod:

no rear light or owt no seat/s ......... but thats the fun of projects ........ or so you tell me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyways instead of it beiong yoda's fault ........... its SPRINTS fault for getting me into the modding bug :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so hows yr bike coming on....... panels all on ????? its next week you take it for some more dyna work i think ?????
dave 59

Post by dave 59 »

oooh good nowt to do with me for a change then :D
the older i get the faster i was
YZF1000R-SPRINT
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by YZF1000R-SPRINT »

Tuesday It goes to the dyno shop and then home or straight to the skip :D :D :D

I'll let you know
Thunderacemalc

Post by Thunderacemalc »

it will be sorted ........... :D :D :D

it had better be or there will be a loads of peps at that skip you'll be putting it in :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok then m8 tuesday it is :D