Optimate

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Optimate

Post by Stig »

seeing another post reminded me of this item

OPTIMATE BATTERY CHARGER

All I can say is EXCELLENT! :D
does what its supposed to do. Keeps your battery in first class health. Recovers from deep discharge and trickle charges when left connected over long periods of time :cool:
I leave mine on over winter when the bikes not being used, coupled with the alarm in low drain mode (automatically goes to deep sleep)
and the whole thing barks into life even when stood for over four months if necessary.
Top item! :wink:
get yourself a permenant connection kit so that you can just pull up at the side of the charger, reach over and click the plugs together...no more taking off the seat to get at battery terminals...turn it on and forget it...

:)

AKA Bald headed b'stard
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Got one myself mate, no biker should be without. . .

http://www.accumate.co.uk/it010003.html
"Who was that masked man?"
Vagabond
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by Vagabond »

Yep, i got me one too, have 3 permanant connections to 3 of my bikes, I've recovered one battery that I thought was a goner and that paid for the optimate.

I orginally bought it for a my Harley Ironhead, but I've since wised up and got rid of that pile of american crap, so have the charger and rotate it around my bikes, especially bikes with weak batteries.
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Vagabond wrote: I orginally bought it for a my Harley Ironhead, but I've since wised up and got rid of that pile of american crap
:lol: :lol: :lol: You said it mate.
"Who was that masked man?"
Fzr1
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by Fzr1 »

My mate's got one of those and has had it for a few years now.......but it's ruined 2 battery's off his VFR8, alot swelling on the side's of it.

I was going to get one after hearing him I'm not sure, but yet you guy's dont seem to have any prob's.
GazzaB_R1
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by GazzaB_R1 »

Definately a top investment.

I can't reccomend an Optimate wnough, especially over the Winter months to keep your Battery tip-top!
YZF-R1 2001 - EXUP Power!

www.shavers.co.uk