FS 365 Protector Spray

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

FS 365 Protector Spray

Post by Neo »

Right, I won it so I'd better give you lot a review of it.
Having owned bikes for the better side of 30 yrs., Some old,some new, I found the main enemy of a motorcycle is rust,it dont matter that your bike is garaged or covered,sooner or later, nuts,bolts
and subframes start to show their age. Alloy parts start to oxidize and discolour,leaving your pride and joy looking a mess.
Most of it is caused be winter usage and road salt and the fact that when you get home after a hard day or night, The last thing on your mind is washing your bike down, Your going to use it the next day anyway,right!
Besides all this,even if you dont use your bike in the winter and store it in the garage, the change of temperature at night causes condensation,which sticks to your bike, and starts working on it, and before you know it, It looks a mess.
Well, Thats where FS 365 Protector spray comes in.
After a few weeks usage,I must say,I'm Really impressed with this stuff, The only way I can explain it is,It seems to be the same stuff that Manufacturers use to coat metal components for shipment and storage so as to prevent corrosion and keep everything looking new.
I've bought bearings and drive shafts and many Items,Even spanners, that seem to be protected in this way.
You simply spray it on your bike, Best places are on your subframe, under the seat aroung the battery box area and even on your rear shocker.
I sprayed some on my Relay arm and over the bush areas and left it to dry.
When the stuff evaporates,It leaves a film of what I can only discribe as Waxoil,the stuff they use on cars to protect them from rot, Only its a very light film, Nothing drasic at all.
Result is,No more rotting, or discolouring of engine parts, no more screw oxidisation and looking manky. and no more rust.
I do beleive that the stuff will wash off when need be as it probabaly will attract road dust but that has to be done anyway, but after that simply re-apply for protection again.
So, my view is, If you own a bike,you need this stuff, I for one, wont be without it anymore,its part of my toolkit now, In fact I've sprayed it all over my second bike and its protecting it a treat.
NeoImage
Whatever
Gav
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by Gav »

scan down the page :D i reviewed it in october last year and it has to be said it got me through the winter riding everyday an absolute treat. lovely stuff!
Give it some beans!!!!
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Hey there Neo,

Excellent review mate, I'm gonna send it to the guy I know at Scottoiler if that's ok with you. I'm sure he'll be pleased to know you're recommending his gear. :nod:
"Who was that masked man?"
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by Neo »

Hi Arc, The stuff is that good,that I'm making efforts now to get a scottoiler. I'm trying to fathom out a way of fitting it to the swinger without the use of cable tie's as I think they would spoil the bike.
Ideal situation would be to drill holes in the swinger,Top-front and rear underneath and feed the pipes through.They would be invisible then.
But I'm in serious doubt about weakening the swinger.
Got to be a way of doing it somehow.
NeoImage
Whatever
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Neo wrote:Hi Arc, The stuff is that good,that I'm making efforts now to get a scottoiler. I'm trying to fathom out a way of fitting it to the swinger without the use of cable tie's as I think they would spoil the bike.
Ideal situation would be to drill holes in the swinger,Top-front and rear underneath and feed the pipes through.They would be invisible then.
But I'm in serious doubt about weakening the swinger.
Got to be a way of doing it somehow.
NeoImage
Have to admit that I was bothered about the tube spoiling the look of the bike when it came to fitting my Scottoiler, and I ended up using cable ties because the glue stuff didn't work, although my contact there now tells me that they do a glue that does actually stick to polished alloy. Once the thing is in place you don't really notice the tube tho, to be honest. still glad I fitted the thing, keeps the chain lovely. :nod:
"Who was that masked man?"
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by Neo »

One way or another its a must for me coz of the milage I clock up and the constant adjusting of the chain, and thats despite lubing daily.
My present chain is nearing the end of its life,so I'll do the two jobs together.
NeoImage
Whatever
macca
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by macca »

Well hidden dude..........
Stealthoiler :lol: :lol:
Improvise,Adapt,Overcome
Thunder-Exup
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Thunder-Exup »

welcome back macca :cool: :D
Old Guys do it with PASSION
young guys come and go!
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by Neo »

I cant even see it :eek: :eek: :eek:
NeoImage
Whatever
tunguska
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tunguska »

Neo wrote:I cant even see it :eek: :eek: :eek:
See the clear hose running vertically above the blue paddock stand bobbin? It's very neatly done :thumbsup:; not a cable tie in sight.
"It's the wonder of nature, baby!"
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by Neo »

And I thought that was a cable tie :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:
must make appointment with opticians pretty soon!!
Seriously though, good job :nod: :nod: :nod:
NeoImage
Whatever
macca
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by macca »

welcome back macca :cool: :D

Cheers cabrone', eezz good to be back :)
Improvise,Adapt,Overcome
tunguska
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS 365 Protector Spray

Post by tunguska »

Neo wrote:Right, I won it so I'd better give you lot a review of it.
Meant to mention this earlier, but had a "blonde moment" and forgot. Since you took the trouble to write a detailed review, for which many thanks, I've put it in the Reviews section on the main site.

Anyone else who wants to write up a similar review of something they've used and loved (or hated), they'd be more than welcome. Ideally it needs to be a few paragraphs long like Neo's; we've had lots of short and pithy ones which I might yet find a way of using, but some more in-depth stuff would be great. Bring it on, chaps.
"It's the wonder of nature, baby!"
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by Neo »

Thanks tunguska, Glad to be of some use.
Got caught out earlier today (Fri) in what can only be described a a deluge. and typical as the sun was shinning when I left home,didnt bother to take the wetsuit.
I got completely soaked through, But main concern was the bike.
Came back Farm road for quick,Bike suffered really badly with
Mud and dirt everywhere :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
Parked bike,quick change of clothes and of course,now we're home the rain stops, Went outside and nearly cried at the state of bike,so out with hose and bucket of soapy water.
Washed,Dried and removed the seat for further examination,and found that dirt and crud even found its way there.
Its no wonder that sub-frames rot so quickly,Its a bad spot.
These bikes could seriously do with a good undertray :nod: :nod:
anyway cut a long story short, after a good clean, I gave a good spray with 365 all over the subframe, around the shocker area and over the chrome areas of the forks,a quick squib in linkage area around the gearshift and also around the metal parts of the plumbing.
I can rest easy,knowing full well that my bike will not have suffered any by todays experience. Damn,Its good stuff.
I'm monitoring the other bike, I sprayed a fortnight ago, Took a quick look today and the film is still intact, no need to spray any further,all metal in perfect condition.
NeoImage
Whatever
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by Neo »

Just a quick update, It seems certain wax polishes will react with this stuff and cause the white deposits that rzv500r mentioned.
Still no problem,wash the bike in warm soapy water using your favourite detergent, dry off and apply the FS, no further probs here.

Incidentally, I had cause to remove my tank the other day due to doing some cable oiling and checking hoses for wear, was surprised to see how much dust had accumulated on top of my airbox. Had I not spayed with FS
I expect this dust would have been sucked into the filter and shortened its life.
moral of the story is, Change your filter regularly,Its surprising how much crap is out there.
NeoImage
Whatever