My single sider exup

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
mattvann
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

My single sider exup

Post by mattvann »

Heres a follow up to the picture i posted last week of my exup i am glad you all liked it i tried to keep it looking as original as i could without making it look like a total streetfighter or "bitsa" here is some more pictures

Here is some answers of the questions asked about the conversion first of all ther was a lot of work done to the vfr 750 swingarm in order for the fzr shock to be used i had to open up the space where the vfr's shock passes through the swingam as the honda shock is off centre in the frame once this was cut i had to re-plate and weld up the opening the next problem i had was the point on the swingarm where the linkage bolts is different on the vfr so i cut off what was there and welded on a likage point from a gsxr600srad swingarm that i had from a old project (i knew it would come in handy for somthing) after this was done i could use the fzr's shock and linkage without having to touch the frame mounts, the main mounting point off the vfr swingarm is slightly smaller than the fzr so no problems there also it uses the same size bearings so the fzr pivot axle can be used without any mods the only thing needed was some spacers either side to centre it up i used the vfr ones and machined them to size ( the required size is about 250mm fzr frame gap) once this was in i fitted the hub from a triumph t595 as i wanted a three spoke wheel to match the front the hub fits straight in but i did find that with this the wheel alignment was out so i had to move the hub to the left 6mm to get correct alignment, i made a 6mm thick space for the left side of the hub and had 6mm machined from the caliper mount on the right side of the hub so that the wouldn't move when the circlip was fitted and clamped tight, the chain alignment is bang on so no problems there i fitted a 47t rear renthal sprocket and a new 17t 530 conversion front sprocket to keep the original gearing, as to the ride to me it seems better than before i have not noticed any problems with handling this conversion has made the wheel base abot 20mm longer but i have jacked the back up slightly so maybe this has allowed for any problems incured with a longer wheelbase being slower into the bends??
i hope what i have wrote makes sence if there is any more info needed let me know and i will try to help
cheers
Matt
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

You should make and sell kits for that ... thats real good
Thunderacemalc

Post by Thunderacemalc »

most excellent picture Vann............. looks great as for the write up I'm sure it made a lot of sense to those guys in the know........but what a huge amount of work.........well done that man....
Black Aces rule............
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by Neo »

Well done matt, Single siders aint my bag but I appreciate the work you have put in and it makes great reading. I like how you have overcome the various problems.
Good work
NeoImage
Whatever
Easy
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by Easy »

:clap: Hats off to you m8, sounds like hard work, but the results are spot on :nod:
Lifes a blurr on an 'Ace
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

not seen this before,nice all it needs now is polishing.STIG :D
Ride it like ya stole it