Monkey magic!

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
monkey
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic
Location: Looking for Piggsy, Sandy & Tripitaka in the Herts/Beds area

Monkey magic!

Post by monkey »

well as I managed to get a pic up elsewhere in this cool site I thought I'd have another go...

some of me in action on the Mighty R1...

at Rockingham [just couldn't get me knee down on this particular corner, dammit!]...

and a couple from mallory recently...

and my best/worst moment from a trip to the Ring a couple of years ago, out riding on the great local roads with a couple of mates, oh dear...
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Ballsy riding mate, nice one. Of course if you were riding like that when you were pulled over by the plod . . .

How come you've got Performance Art plastered all over ya? Were you featured on a website or something? Fill us in mate. :nod:
"Who was that masked man?"
monkey
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic
Location: Looking for Piggsy, Sandy & Tripitaka in the Herts/Beds area

Post by monkey »

Ta muchly.

Mallory was my first proper trackday this year on the R1. No matter how good it is on the road, on the track it was just fucking devastating.

Running some sticky tyres [pirelli diablo corsas :unibrow: ] it was awesome, stable enough for knee down action everywhere [especially gerrards, wazzing round at about a ton with me knee on the deck was eerie!]

had me knee down before on road & track but I smoked a set of new sliders in on day at Mallory! :D never ever thought I'd do that & to be honest it was one of the best days of my life.

Me and a mate who's an advanced riding instructor [on a BMW k1200s, the new four cylinder one - watch out - they motor!] smoked the entire advanced group & had some great ding-dong battles on the circuit.

As for Germany - well needless to say it wasn't knee-down heroics but we were... ahem.. shifting along - someone had obviously spread the word cos they were waiting for us... we got a stern talking to from the Fritz [they all had comedy mullets, if it hadn't been so serious we'd have pissed ourselves] but they let us go with a caution. Just as well - they all had guns! :paranoid: