I’m back

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

I’m back

Post by creedxup »

Back on the forum after all this time Yay 😀

I still have my 92 Midnight blue RU but she’s partially retired.

Bad crash in 2019 (hit another deer) almost took me out, but I bought another ZX12 which I still ride now.

I still have quite a few EXUP spares and can still help with tech issues and help.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I’m back

Post by Stig »

Good to hear you’re around. Hope you enjoyed your hols

Forums been a bit quiet since our return. A lot of traffic but folk don’t have much to chat about. Spose it’s the wrong time of year and things may pick up in spring. I’m actually hoping to drag my old crate out in the new year so that’ll be something to work on to recommission
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Hi Chris,

Good to see you are back. I thought that you had dropped off the planet.

Are you fully recovered from the accident, and enjoying your ZX12? Do you still ride through the forest?

I reframed my Exup and rode it throughout 2023. Went through everything, and she's running superbly. Nice reduction in insurance premiums as well, despite having fully comprehensive insurance as opposed to the 'Q' plate Third Party Only. I have posted a picture of mine just before the frame swap. It's in Rogues Gallery/Show Us Your Bike.

On my CBR1000F this year. Not the most exciting of rides, but very smooth and very comfortable.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Nick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:12 am Hi Chris,

Good to see you are back. I thought that you had dropped off the planet.

Are you fully recovered from the accident, and enjoying your ZX12? Do you still ride through the forest?

I reframed my Exup and rode it throughout 2023. Went through everything, and she's running superbly. Nice reduction in insurance premiums as well, despite having fully comprehensive insurance as opposed to the 'Q' plate Third Party Only. I have posted a picture of mine just before the frame swap. It's in Rogues Gallery/Show Us Your Bike.

On my CBR1000F this year. Not the most exciting of rides, but very smooth and very comfortable.
Hi Nick
Fully recovered from my crash yes, although now its time to recover from the one I had in Thailand 🤣
Rode the 12 this morning, she is a Beasty 👍
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Stig wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:01 am Good to hear you’re around. Hope you enjoyed your hols

Forums been a bit quiet since our return. A lot of traffic but folk don’t have much to chat about. Spose it’s the wrong time of year and things may pick up in spring. I’m actually hoping to drag my old crate out in the new year so that’ll be something to work on to recommission
Had a lovely time in Thailand, until the last week when I crashed my scooter, gravel rash, embedded with sand Yeeehaaa!!!

One day you’ll get your bike out of the garage Paul 👍 🤣
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Blimey Chris, you've had a few crashes, but you're still standing and still riding. That's bikes for you. Addictive! I have a similar problem with cats. You think you know where you are with them and bam! Scratches and bite marks in the blink of an eye.

I had a look at some reviews and pictures of the ZX12R. Very impressive. If I was in the market, it's exactly what I would look for.
What's the riding position like? Do you have a picture?
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

I’ll go for a blast later and take some photo’s, im not sure I still have photobucket or imgur or whatever to upload photos though?

I befriended a Thai cat , they’re a bit feral which is fun, if you pissed her off, she’d wait until you walked away and run up and bite your legs 👍

The 12 is a bigger better and newer EXUP, very similar riding position and better everything 👍
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

That's cats for you. Part of their appeal as far as i'm concerned.

You make the 12 sound very appealing. I do like the Black/Gold paint scheme. Reminds me of the '70's JPS Lotus in Formula 1.

Have Fun!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

JPS lotus… now you’re showing your age 😂
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nugget

Post by nugget »

Welcome home Chris. It’s good to have you back on here. I must be honest, I’ve been stalking you, and watching your antics (not all of them cough, cough) in Thailand. You’re in my friends list, so it’s been good to see how things are over in Thailand. Have you injuries healed up after your highsider? 😂
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

I must be honest, I’ve been stalking you, and watching your antics[/qu

Sounds a bit creepy.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

JPS lotus… now you’re showing your age

......errrmm, my grandad told me about it ....ahem.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

nugget wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:55 am Welcome home Chris. It’s good to have you back on here. I must be honest, I’ve been stalking you, and watching your antics (not all of them cough, cough) in Thailand. You’re in my friends list, so it’s been good to see how things are over in Thailand. Have you injuries healed up after your highsider? 😂

I had a ripsnorting time, far better than the one 6 months ago.

There were many antics that I didnt post because I didnt want to worry my sister and Cousin 👍

Like last time 🤣

My various injuries are healing nicely and they’re being dressed every 2 days, they hurt, I didn't realise how painful it was because they gave me lots of Tramadol in Thailand 😊

It was a lowside on sand, both elbows, both knees 😁