Show us your bike

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Show us your bike

Post by Stig »

Folk have previously seen my old skip but it hopefully still looks something like this
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Re: Show us your bike

Post by Nick »

Blimey Stig, she looks magnificent.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nick wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:01 am Blimey Stig, she looks magnificent.
Not a patch on Nuggets :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

I'd be thrilled to own it nontheless.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

https://postimg.cc/gallery/ptyXf4V

This is one of only two images I have of mine in 25 years of ownership. I really must remedy that. This was taken just before I reframed it. Thank you to Chris (Creedxup) for supplying the frame, and Chris (Mobil1) for some parts. Not seen either of them on the forums at all. Are they still about?

I will post a more up to date image when I have one, but the differences are:

The wheels are now two tone. Dark grey (almost Anthracite), with polished rims.

The number plate/indicator mount was home made and has now been replaced by an original mudguard.

The micro indicators have made way for the originals.

The very loud non legal can has been replaced by an early R1 dustbin with a link pipe made from an old piece of exhaust from my Saab Turbo. Exup and R1 diameters are different. Although the R1 can is quiet and legal I do miss waking the dead and hearing them complain about the noise, so I am tempted to change back. Incidentally the wheel paint is also a Saab colour and was left over from spraying the cars bodykit.

The 'Q' plate has been replaced by an 'H' prefix.

Voltmeter fitted on the dash, along with a colour coded clock surround made from the lid of a tub of 'Celebrations' chocolates. This sits atop the original foam one which was looking a bit tired. It looks nice, but the chocolates were nicer.

That's about it really. There are other things that have been replaced, but you can't see them, so I won't mention them.

The colour is Ford Imperial Blue. Used by Ford in the 90's. It was quite common on Probes (Remember them?).

I look forward to seeing other members bikes.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

My Exup.jpg
My Exup.jpg (171.82 KiB) Viewed 938 times
Just in case the original image does not display.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:coolexup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Nick wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:02 am
I'd be thrilled to own it nontheless.
I would too. It’s hardly been used. 😁
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Here's my old crate. :D These photos were taken this year on route to Hawes in North Yorkshire.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nice old donkey to say it’s done 90K :clap:
From memory mines done £17K :whistle:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Thanks for the compliment Stig.

Blimey John! She looks fabulous.
If it was mine I would write and send some pictures to Yamaha.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:29 pm Nice old donkey to say it’s done 90K :clap:
From memory mines done £17K :whistle:
93,539 miles to be precise. It sailed through the MOT this morning. It did rain first thing this morning, so I rung the lad at the MOT station telling him I'll be through later. He did the MOT and I was getting my gear on it started to rain. :angry: It wasn't much, but the road was getting a bit damp. After 1 mile up the road it stopped, So I had a ride to the Strawberry Fields Cafe near York to celebrate with a cuppa in lovely sunshine.

It's going to be a nice day tomorrow, so I'll be off out for a ride. I'm not ready for winter just yet. :crybaby:

Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Great news John, though hardly unexpected I bet. Next stop 100k.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I was hoping to reach 95,000 miles before it goes into winter hibernation. This years weather has been very wet at times, so stopping me from getting out and about. After watching tonight’s BBC weather forecast, tomorrow isn’t looking that good with heavy showers in my area. 🏍️🙁☔️
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

That's a shame.

I hope it is not raining in Gloucester as I have some maintenance to do on the automatic gearbox of my old SAAB Turbo. Unfortunately it's still attached to the car, so that means up on jacks, with me lying on my back working on the underside. Can't wait.

Going away on Holiday (taking the car) in just over two weeks time, and I would be happier if it was done before putting another 800-900 miles on the clock. Fingers crossed for dry weather for us both.