Testing testing.

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Re: Testing testing.

Post by Nick »

I agree with Stig, they definitely work. Personally I like the Lucas Oil range of products, using the injector cleaner and the Ethanol fuel conditioner. The Injector cleaner works fine on carbureted engines. I use them both on all 7 of my partners and mine bikes and cars and we own nothing newer than 1999, with the Exup being an 89/90 model. I was experiencing exactly the same problems as you on our four bikes but since using, no problems whatsoever. All start between 1-3 stabs on the button even after a few months. Well worth investigating, as it's a real pain going to turn something over that's been stood for a while, pretty much knowing that it wont start. Buy in the large container sizes and it's pretty economical. Have a look at some reviews and you will find plenty of other people singing the same song.If you take the plunge, let me know how you get on. End of sermon. By the way I do not work for Lucas Oil. I'm just a very happy customer willing to pass on helpful information.

Ride safe!
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Good to see the forum back up & running again :thumbsup: :nod: :thumbsup:
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by joeboy »

Hi everyone I got the Email about the forum and decided to come and say hello. I miss my old exup it's been 7 years since I left the UK I am settled in Thailand now.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

joeboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:00 am I miss my old exup it's been 7 years since I left the UK I am settled in Thailand now.
Hi Joe, great to hear from you. Hope life is good. Can’t believe it’s 7 years :eek:
What you been up to? Do you have a bike?
AKA Bald headed b'stard
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

I kind of have two wheels here. It's just a 150cc scooter to get around. Thailand's roads are very dangerous and busy so that's all we need. The space and bag hooks are great for getting to work and the shops quickly. I work full time here finding transport for people in Australia in a kind of call centre but I love it here and the job keeps my life very sweet. I hope everyone is well and the exups are all running sweet.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nuggets making the most of his bike as always and it’s still as good as showroom even with 90K miles racked up

My own has shamefully been in a vac bag for the last 6 years as I’ve had other projects on the go so the bikes taken a back seat

Not sure on other folk as the forums been off line for around 18 months, hence the global email shout out of its return
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Teego

Post by Teego »

joeboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:25 am I kind of have two wheels here. It's just a 150cc scooter to get around. Thailand's roads are very dangerous and busy so that's all we need. The space and bag hooks are great for getting to work and the shops quickly. I work full time here finding transport for people in Australia in a kind of call centre but I love it here and the job keeps my life very sweet. I hope everyone is well and the exups are all running sweet.
Good to hear that you're still around...somewhere.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Hello Joeboy. Good to hear from you and you seem to be in your happy place over there in Thailand. :thumbsup:

Like stig says, I’m still getting out and about on the old crate, and doing some good mileage. Roadrunner (Mike) and I had a ride up to Whitby today, and the old girl has just clocked up 92,000 miles and she’s still running sweet.

Take care out there Joe.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Great stuff. I will drop by now and again but if anyone ventures over these ways always happy to meet up or just advise.

Take care everyone from the sunny side.

:shades:
GOVERNMENT WARNING!: