Seat Locking Problems

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Seat Locking Problems

Post by SJP5000 »

Hi Guys

I have always had trouble trying to lock the seat back in position on my 91 model, occasionally you'll get it first go, but mostly you can be there for 5-10 minutes trying to line it up and getting it to click into place, (not good when your mates are all there with their bikes running and waiting to go) I even broke one of the plastic lugs off the underside of the seat cowl with the constant force of pushing it down right where that's located, I did get it repaired though
Any tips moist welcome, or is it just me :D
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

Had the same issue. Problem is the single seat cowl. Take it off and the seat will lock straight into position. I ended up making some replacement clips to secure my cowl. No issues now. Locks straight in every time.
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by SJP5000 »

NickZT wrote:Had the same issue. Problem is the single seat cowl. Take it off and the seat will lock straight into position. I ended up making some replacement clips to secure my cowl. No issues now. Locks straight in every time.
I've been thinking of doing this, as I said I'd broken one of the tabs off but had it repaired, the seat cowls seem to be very rare as a second hand part, people always seem to be looking for them, I'll take it off and see how it goes

Cheers
Steve
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000