Maybe the last ride out?

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Maybe the last ride out?

Post by nuggitt »

I've been edging to get out for a ride just to get 85,000 miles on the clock. The weather here has been sh*te for ages. I got the chance yesterday to get out and I'm pleased (bragging:D) to say I've completed the mission. The weather was very overcast and it was very cold. There was plenty of dry lines on the route I took until I got up to Fridaythorpe. (Seaways) With Fridaythorpe being on the highest point on the Yorkshire Wolds It's always a lot colder up there even in summer. Got talking to the lad on the Ducati and it seems I'm not the only silly old mad sod, but he was also wanting to get 20,000 on his clocks before he took it off the road. :lol: :lol: :lol: He only had another 37 miles to go.

From Seaways I headed for the Strawberry Fields Cafe near Selby and on the way I got to 85,000. After a hot coffee and a warm up near a hot radiator I set off for home.

Some of you with a sharp eye, will notice the number 8 is a little higher than the rest of the numbers. That is something to do with my trip meter adjusting knob. A month ago all the numbers were the same spacing. I was cleaning in that area and I caught the knob with my hand and I noticed the number 8 had moved up slightly. When the old girl gets up to 90,000 (next year) it will rectify its self again, as it did once before going from 79,999 to 80,000. I'll have to stop cleaning that area.

A few photos.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Congratulations on reaching the 85,000m mark John 👍
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Great condition for the milage mister 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
EXUPMarky
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by EXUPMarky »

Wow - that's impressive!

I've got some catching up to do, but plan to take the EXUP to the Manx next year so it should roll over 20k.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Never seen an Exup with 85k on the clock. Yamaha certainly made them to last. Beautiful looking machine as well. She does you proud sir.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Hi John,

Are we still talking about the bike, or the missus?
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Oh dear, have you worn her out John? Politeness forbids me to expand more on the subject.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Understood John.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Definitely won't mention them then. Where would John check his Big end bearings or give the headlamps a good rub. Is this too much, is there a line?
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

How are your fork handles John?
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Perhaps there is a blockage that could be shifted through suction. Worth a try I would have thought.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

That's for us to know and you to find out Paul. Probably not though.
Of course it's all John's fault in the first place. A heading of 'Maybe the last ride out?' is unfortunate. i actually though that it was going to be a summary, with pictures (of course) of a mature gentleman's final hurrah at alfresco sex. How wrong was I? Nice bike though. Yes, I do mean the Exup, or maybe the SExup?Oooo, errrr, Missus!
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

If y'all talking about dodgy practices, Stig is an accomplished polisher of helmets.
Keep on keepin' on.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

I bet he's not as good as my bird. Before anyone suggests, No! I would not be prepared to undertake a comparison test.

A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.