Engine Rebuild

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Paulsx
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Engine Rebuild

Post by Paulsx »

HI Guys looking at getting my exup running this year but the engine I have for it has sat around for a few years without running.

I was going to just drop it in and run it but now thinking it may need s trip and rebuild. Who would people recommend in the UK to have a go at it please?

Many thanks
paul
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Paulsx. PM sent to you. 👍
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

I agree with creed, also get a borescope and have a look thru the spark plug hole for anything of concern.

Another must do in my book is prelubing the engine before that first crank. This is what i use. As you apply pressure manually turn the engine over to align oil passages to get fresh oil everywhere.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mel-mpl-201
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
Paulsx
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Paulsx »

OK guys thanks I'll give it a go. I brought it from a member on here but now I think back its maybe been sat for 10years lol