Another ride out.

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Another ride out.

Post by nuggitt »

I had a ride out to Richmond in North Yorkshire yesterday. Its a lovely part of the world up there. :D Like my other rides, there was hardly any traffic on the roads. It was nice to be able to stretch the old girls legs a bit without cars getting in the way. :paranoid:

It was market day in Richmond, so there was a nice bustling atmosphere. A nice Lambo came down the road in the square.

https://youtu.be/BbaNiIU2jEM

I moved on to Masham via a nice B road I know and when I got to Masham (prounounced Mas ham) It was also their market day too. After having a stroll around I found a nice spot for the compulsory ice cream and they had my favourite coloured chairs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A few photos.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Re: Another ride out.

Post by SJP5000 »

nuggitt wrote:I had a ride out to Richmond in North Yorkshire yesterday. Its a lovely part of the world up there. :D Like my other rides, there was hardly any traffic on the roads. It was nice to be able to stretch the old girls legs a bit without cars getting in the way. :paranoid:

It was market day in Richmond, so there was a nice bustling atmosphere. A nice Lambo came down the road in the square.

https://youtu.be/BbaNiIU2jEM

I moved on to Masham via a nice B road I know and when I got to Masham (prounounced Mas ham) It was also their market day too. After having a stroll around I found a nice spot for the compulsory ice cream and they had my favourite coloured chairs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A few photos.

Good to see you out and about again now the weather is better there, can't seem to get out here in Sydney as it seems to rain every weekend here lately, here's a couple of pictures from a group ride out to Mount Panorama, Bathurst in March, the weather looks good here but we got soaked on the way home through the Blue Mountains, it's about a 230km ride each way from Sydney, I'd never ridden a bike around the circuit before, bit of an eye opener to tell you the truth, but a good day out

Cheers
Steve
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Ayup Steve. A couple of nice photos there. (I'm not a bit envious)
I remember watching my very first touring car championship at Bathurst on TV though and in the UK. I seem to recall the circuit is like a rollercoaster ride. I bet you had a big grin on your face all the way round. I know I would. :D

I've had the winter strait-jacket taken off and I'm back on the road again. The weather is good here at the moment. The hardest part is trying to juggle a riding day in between the school run, doctors, opticians, dentist, vet appointments, oh and the missus. Then when you do finally get a free day it usually rains on that day. :lol: :lol:

I usually go for a long ride out on the longest day, or somewhere near that date. I'm hoping to go to Tan Hill pub again. It's the highest pub in the UK. You'll probably know it anyway. It's about 100 mile from me if you go on the A1M, but I go the hard way round and use the minor A & B roads. I don't do motorways etc. :puke: It took me all day the last time I did it. I felt like John Wayne getting off his horse after a good gallop.

Keep the photos coming Steve. It's nice to see some different photos for a change. I seem to have to taken over the meets and rides out page. I know Stig doesn't go out much. He's lost site of his bike with all the clutter that's surrounds it. :D

Stay safe. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by SJP5000 »

Saturday morning 8.30am in Sydney and yes it's raining again :D and tomorrow doesn't look much better either, oh well I need to do a few jobs on my LC, it's time to take the carbs off for a bit of a strip and clean, I hate carbs, work of the devil I reckon :paranoid:

Cheers
Steve
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000