The downside

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

The downside

Post by bunk »

You get a project bike, diagnose problems and source parts which for me strangely turns into buying a entire bike. Then sell said bike or parts to clear up room to start working on the project. And another bike falls in my lap.

Why does this always happen!!!

Hes gone from 2500 to 800 in one day. If he goes down to 200 im in trouble. Its a bone stock 90 and all i want is the perfect cowl.
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

And the whole thing stalled. For the better, i have no room for it.

It did make me realign how i want to get my fzr going though, going to just get some aftermarket panels from here

CLICK HERE

And paint the whole bike. Image works can make me a decal kit.

Does anyone have experience with perfect fairings?
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

I bought a headlamp fairing from Perfect Fairings last year ( for a genesis 87). The headlamp mounting posts were in place ( unlike a fair few others I have seen advertised). The mould they use had the stickers in it - so there are a few raised portions to level and a bit of rubbing back. I found it to be pretty good quality and have managed to get it to fit perfectly aligned with the lower panels ( a bit of cutting ). Also you have to drill out the screen mounting holes, but its not really a problem because you can see were they are. I made a few phone calls to Perfect Fairings - they were vey good and able to provide all the info I required. I would recommend their product.
Well I'll be .....