Hi

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Hi

Post by dangerousdave »

Ay up you lot,
Haven't been on here for a couple of years so thought I'd log on and say hi and hope you're all ok, I've still got both the R and RU and run them every year, I went to santa pod early this year with the RU and ran a 10.5 second quarter mile, next time I go ill have to put a longer arm in as couldn't keep the front end down, had a good time anyway bit of an experience.
Just started to get out a bit on them now since Boris relaxed things a bit and I've come out of isolation, my misses tested positive for this covid, didn't surprise me working on the respiratory ward for the NHS, she's ok now just lost her sense of test and smell, I know she ain't kidding cos I dropped a right belter the other night and she didn't flinch πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, anyway hope you lot are are ok, stay safe πŸ‘
The Dangerous One
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Good to see you back Dave. My last bike went 2 years ago. Replaced with CLS55 AMG.
Surprising how many got the C-19. Both my sons-in-law, one daughter, my wife and probably me.
People out there seem to be rather more unlocked than BJ wanted. But hey.
Keep on keepin' on.
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

Hi Teego,
hope you all made a good recovery, I don't think it'll be long until its all back to normal, so you're not riding no more? Don't you miss it, couldn't do without a bike me, I've been taking the kids out on my old man's bsa golden flash, my misses doesn't want them going out on busa or TL for some reason but local runs on the old English is ok ish, my lad is 15 and now wants a bike when he's 16, bet you can guess how that went down at tea time round the tableπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Can't figure out how to upload pics on here anymore as photo bucket isn't playing ball with me,
if anyone is interested in the few projects I've been on over the past few years here a link to my Instagram page,
Stay safe πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

http://Instagram.com/bigdangerousdave
The Dangerous One
Teego

Post by Teego »

Bike had to go - bodyfucked. Mine not the bike.
CLS55 AMG is an awesome substitute.
Stock 475bhp, 700nm torque, 4.2 secs 0-60, 155mph limiter.
Had a custom dyno remap last year.
Now 520bhp, 770nm, total derestrict. On the dyno Phil took it to 183mph in 4th. When I asked him why he didn't go to 5th, he said my tyres were only rated to 186mph. He reckoned the car would run 190 most days and 200 on a good one. All I know is it ran to 170 in Germany with lots more to come before coming up on traffic.
Best etc
Keep on keepin' on.
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

Teego, that's impressive πŸ‘ bet it isn't good on the old mpg but who cares life's for living hey, bought myself a tidy mitsubishi evo 5 to play around with in the summer months only 350bhp but weighs 1250kg so quite quick but not 180mph quick πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ yeah gotta look after your body if I hurts to ride its not enjoyable

Stig, yeah good to get back on and have a chat, I still chat to John via WhatsApp and email sending each other funny videos and stuff πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
To be fair I hope my lad does the same and just moves on to cars as I know it's dangerous for bikers out there and it's usually someone else's fault, rather keep them safe but don't want him missing out either, as a parent I think we'll always worry about them hey, we've got a pitbkie we use down on the fields so he does get to mess about on them at least πŸ˜‰
The Dangerous One
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Ayup Dave.

First thing Dave. Use Imgur.com for your photos. It's easy to use once you find your way around the site.

Nice to see you on here again. I'm surprised you can find the time with all the projects you've got going on I don't know how you do it. I'm very impressed with those stainless steel gates you've just knocked up. :thumbsup: Hows the Busa project coming on? It looked a bit of a sorry state when you sent me those photos of it.

Me and the missus are doing our best to avoid this covid19 Virus. Our neighbours daughter caught it but she's on the younger side of the scales so survived it ok. Another one of our neighbours granddaughter caught it but luckily escaped it's claws.

I've promised to get my daughter a bike for a few years now but with life and other things getting in the way it never happened. My Missus (Jen) saw this Suzuki Bandit advertised and to cut a long story short we ended up buying it for our daughter. Our daughter had no idea we'd bought it for her. When we came home Jen and I were sat watching A&E on TV and the first victim was a motorcycle accident. Jen put her hands to her head and said oh no what have we done. Jen can't stop worrying about it now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care and stay safe you lot out there. :thumbsup:
Last edited by nuggitt on Mon May 25, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

Afternoon all..... :ninja:

Not been around for a while so glad to hear all well.

Let's hope we return to "normality" soon :D
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
pilninggas
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by pilninggas »

Are you still running around on the turbo exup Dave?

that thing is a beast.
Teego

Post by Teego »

oldskoolexup wrote:Afternoon all..... :ninja:

Not been around for a while so glad to hear all well.

Let's hope we return to "normality" soon :D
To paraphrase someone ( and it's not Robin Williams) normality is a crutch for ordinary people.
Keep on keepin' on.
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

Hi nuggitt, cheers yeah I've only just manged to get them gates on today, I'll send you a picture πŸ‘, yes worrying times when kids go out on bikes no matter how old they are, the Busa is nearly there, most of it is at powder coaters and spray shop, once all back together it's coming back to me for the turbo compressor pipes to be fabricated, once it's done I'll get some pics up, I'll have a look at this imgur see if I can figure it out, πŸ‘

Pilninggas, yeah still got it, it's my favourite one, haven't had anyone loose me on it yet even these BMW RRs can't pull away, I let them know its 29 years old when we pull up πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Oldschoolexup good afternoon 😁😁
The Dangerous One
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Here's a short video of dangerous Dave at Santa Pod. Dave is nearest the camera. That front wheel won't stop down.

https://youtu.be/0fqgwehWFAU :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

πŸ‘πŸΌCheers for video upload John
The Dangerous One
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸΌ
The Dangerous One