New paint work.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

Looks stunning. Bike will look brand new. All ready for the new season
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I'd just like to show you the trouble the paint sprayer went through to get the detail right. He's drilled out the old rivets for the mounting points for the mudguard. Now that's dedication.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

Looks great. From my ownership of a RWB 89 I remember the worst part for paint wearing through was right behind the front wheel on the belly pan.
Could you put some sort of PPF on this to protect it from wear?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I finally got my panels and tank back on the 8th of May. Seeing as the weather is sh*te out there. I took my time over the last two weeks building it all back up. It's not all complete as yet, because I've found a chap who can repair the infills. I got them in the post to him last week and he's going to put me at the top of the queue. I'm hoping to get them back this week. I'll get it taxed for June the 1st and then I'll be out playing again.

Here's some photos of the nearly finished article.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Looks sweet 👍

Looking at your fairing crash bungs, have you drilled the frame and mounted them next to the engine mount?
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I haven't drilled the frame only the fairing. There is a threaded section inside the engine mounting and that's what the crash bung bolts into. :D

creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Right, OK, the crash bung bolt replaces the engine mount bolt 👍
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

Looks awesome. Just like being back in 1989. Had a FZR1000 Genesis at the time. Remember drooling over the new red, white and blue Exup in Motorcycle City Bristol
Stevexup
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Stevexup »

Stunning looking bike well done, must be something in that tea :)