Few more pics

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Few more pics

Post by SJP5000 »

Just a few pics of my 3 Yams, the FS1E-DX is the same as the one I rode in Middlesbrough when I was 16 in 1979,I had to import this one here in 2008 as they weren't available in Australia, I know of only one other here at the moment, a lad in Victoria has one, the 350LC is an 82 model which I bought in 2014 and have had to do a fair bit of work to, I had a brand new 250LC here in Sydney 1n 1981, the FZR I have owned since July last year

Cheers guys
Steve
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

A lovely trio of bikes there Steve. Tell me how the number plate system works out there. I can see on one of your plates New Historic Vehicle Could you re-register the FSIe or is it too much red tape?
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by SJP5000 »

nuggitt wrote:A lovely trio of bikes there Steve. Tell me how the number plate system works out there. I can see on one of your plates New Historic Vehicle Could you re-register the FSIe or is it too much red tape?
It actually says NSW (New South Wales) Historic Vehicle on the LC John, you can put a bike or car on historic plates here when they reach 30 years old, but you need to be a member of a car or bike club that is registered with whats called the RMS (Roads and Maritime Services) you are allowed to use the car or bike up to 60 days a year which is fine for me as that's more than every weekend, I'd never do that, it's also very cheap, only $46 this year for the LC, that's about 25 quid, you have to pay for the number plate on your first application which is about $60, it's not transferable though if you sell the bike you have to hand the plate in and sell it as unregistered, it also makes your insurance a lot cheaper too as it's then classed as on limited use, this picture was taken last year when I first got the FZR and it wasn't quite 30 years old so was on full registration, as of July this year it's now on historic registration but I haven't been able to get out on it

The FS!E I could put it on historic rego (I think???) never really looked into it because they weren't sold here in the 70's and are not recognised here, but I never really bought it to ride, more of a trip down memory lane thing for me to be honest, I've had it for almost 13 years now and done 2 miles on it, just up and down the street, I do start it regularly and give it a once over every Xmas holidays, I also wouldn't feel safe riding it on the roads here, they would run over the top of you on it, when the time comes I dont want it anymore I'm going to donate it to The Australian Motorcycle Museum up the North coast in Nabiac (look it up) every bike imaginable in there, but they dont have a Fizzy (yet, and it will still be a while :D ) this Fizzy was sold new in April 77 from Bridge Garage in Exeter which was still trading when I was in the UK in 2012, not sure if it still is, it was first registered to a girl who had it for a couple of years, then a local lad bought it and rode it until 1982, put it in the back of his parents garage where it sat until 2006, another lad bought it from Sheffield and restored it about 90% and did a top job, I got on to the sale of it through the FS1E UK forum and finished the few things that needed doing when I got it here, new wiring harness, correct handlebars and rear mudguard, pedal system and a couple of other bits, I have the first few logbooks (I think we called them back then for it) the original owners and service manuals for it, it's done 14,500 miles, and like I said I've done 2 of them :D

Cheers
Steve
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000