Another New-ish Member

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Another New-ish Member

Post by SJP5000 »

I've been on here a while now but only added a couple of posts, a big thanks to John aka Nuggitt for sending me some simple info on how to upload photos using Imgur, I used to use Photobucket years ago but that's gone, if I can do this anyone can, lets give it a go Image
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Re: Another New-ish Member

Post by SJP5000 »

SJP5000 wrote:I've been on here a while now but only added a couple of posts, a big thanks to John aka Nuggitt for sending me some simple info on how to upload photos using Imgur, I used to use Photobucket years ago but that's gone, if I can do this anyone can, lets give it a go Image
Well that was pretty easy, cheers John :D

A bit about the bike, I'm in Sydney Australia and these bikes are quite rare here, I was looking for one for probably 18 months all over the country on Ebay, Gumtree, Bikesales etc as you do and this one came up only 10 minutes from home in July last year, it's a Japaneese import 9/91 model, it was a one owner bike and came with the original owners manual under the seat, had only 18,000km on the clock when I got it, now showing 20,500km, It needed a good service and the carbs put through the ultrasonic cleaner and then setting up properly, also the steering head bearings were replaced, apart from that it's been really good, we've been in lockdown here in Sydney now since early June, so it hasn't been out, but we are supposed to get some easing of restrictions from next Monday the 11th when they say that double dose vacinations will hit 70%

Cheers guys
Steve
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

Just luv the 1991 blue and white colour scheme. Would like to find one for a Winter project
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

Interesting ! My us 91 has dark blue where there is grey on your bike. Tank and cowl are the same though. Pics in the for sale forum
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

bunk wrote:Interesting ! My us 91 has dark blue where there is grey on your bike. Tank and cowl are the same though. Pics in the for sale forum
Pardon me, its really dark grey, not dark blue.
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by SJP5000 »

bunk wrote:Interesting ! My us 91 has dark blue where there is grey on your bike. Tank and cowl are the same though. Pics in the for sale forum
I tried to find a full decal set for it, just to put away for a rainy day as they say when I first got it last year, I think someone on here put me onto a guy in Poland but he couldn't help
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

SJP5000 wrote:
I tried to find a full decal set for it, just to put away for a rainy day as they say when I first got it last year, I think someone on here put me onto a guy in Poland but he couldn't help
Try this shop:

http://bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by SJP5000 »

bunk wrote:
SJP5000 wrote:
Try this shop:

http://bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm
Cheers, sure I got the decals for my LC from this place many years ago
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

SJP5000 wrote:
Thanks John, that picture I sent you was taken late last year at the Burragorang Valley Lookout, which overlooks the Warragamba Dam Water Catchment area, this supplies Sydney with around 80% of our water, very popular spot for a ride out, I'll put some more pictures up now I know how to

Cheers
Steve
Thanks for putting a name up to the place in the photo. I like to look on Google Earth and back track to the roads you've maybe ridden on. I'm not a stalker honestly, so don't worry. I'm just interested. Lol

Whenever I do a route. I usually put down where I'm heading, and where I've been. I don't know if they can be arsed to look or not, but it's there if they want too. :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Hey John, check out a free app called Strava. You can log your route and save/share 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by SJP5000 »

nuggitt wrote:
SJP5000 wrote:
Thanks John, that picture I sent you was taken late last year at the Burragorang Valley Lookout, which overlooks the Warragamba Dam Water Catchment area, this supplies Sydney with around 80% of our water, very popular spot for a ride out, I'll put some more pictures up now I know how to

Cheers
Steve
Thanks for putting a name up to the place in the photo. I like to look on Google Earth and back track to the roads you've maybe ridden on. I'm not a stalker honestly, so don't worry. I'm just interested. Lol

Whenever I do a route. I usually put down where I'm heading, and where I've been. I don't know if they can be arsed to look or not, but it's there if they want too. :D
We'll be able to get out for a ride after this Monday 11th, there calling it freedom day after 3 1/2 months in so called lockdown, so I'll get some more pictures when I'm out, that's one thing here you can pretty much ride all year round, although some days during the Summer, which is December, January, February, it's just too hot and can get up to 40 degrees, too warm for a lad from Middlesbrough :D
1977 FS1E-DX
1982 RD 350LC
1991 FZR1000
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

SJP5000 wrote:
We'll be able to get out for a ride after this Monday 11th, there calling it freedom day after 3 1/2 months in so called lockdown, so I'll get some more pictures when I'm out, that's one thing here you can pretty much ride all year round, although some days during the Summer, which is December, January, February, it's just too hot and can get up to 40 degrees, too warm for a lad from Middlesbrough :D
I can remember those 3 months well Steve. Too bloody hot for us milk bottle white northern hemisphere lot. One year while I was there it reached 48c = 120f. It was relentless for about seven days. The government told all the shop owners to unlock all the outdoor soft drinks fridge cabinets, so you could help yourself to plenty of drinks for free. After the heatwave cooled we then got a typhoon and that caused a lot of damage.

Get out on Monday and don't be going silly. Aftre being cooped up for months. It'll be like letting stallions out in to the paddock for the very first time. :lol: :lol: :lol: Please keep the photos coming. :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.