Yorkshire Dales part 1 and 2

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Yorkshire Dales part 2

Post by nuggitt »

As I was on my way to Leyburn I saw the sign for Thoralby, so I did a detour and took some photos for SJP5000. He can have a trip down memory lane. I must say it's a lovely little village. I made a few net curtains twitch though when I parked up to take the photos. Lol There was a couple of builders doing some work on a house and they both downed tools to see what I was up to. A local lady was sat on a bench and she was keeping an eye on me. On the way out of the village she did give me a wave and so did the builders too. Lol

Here you are SPJ5000.

Last edited by nuggitt on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
jcr
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by jcr »

nice pics, thanks for taking the time to share them.
i wish the roads looked as quiet down south.

i have to head out after 7:30pm or before 9am on a weekend if i want to avoid traffic.
1996 thunderace
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Re: Yorkshire Dales part 2

Post by SJP5000 »

nuggitt wrote:As I was on my way to Leyburn I saw the sign for Thoralby, so I did a detour and took some photos for SJP5000. He can have a trip down memory lane. I must say it's a lovely little village. I made a few net curtains twitch though when I parked up to take the photos. Lol There was a couple of builders doing some work on a house and they both downed tools to see what I was up to. A local lady was sat on a bench and she was keeping an eye on me. On the way out of the village she did give me a wave and so did the builders too. Lol

Here you are SPJ5000.

I haven't been on here for a while but I've just spent an hour or so looking at your posts of your summer ride outs, some of these places bring back so many memories growing up as a Yorkshire lad, all the seaside towns, Whitby, Staithes, Robin Hoods Bay etc, and this one here of Thoralby, just perfect, I left Middlesbrough for Sydney when I was 16 and have been here for 41 years now, I was back in Middlesbrough in May 2012 and went to a bike night in Whitby on the back of an old school mate's CBR1300, what a blast across the moors, and the amount of bikes there was unbelievable, everything from a Fizzy to Ducati 1098R and beyond, you would never get anything like that here in Australia, I was planning another trip back to the old town last year, but we all know what happened there, we've been in lockdown again here in Sydney for over 3 months now, with at least nother 3 weeks to go until we may get some normality back, I know you guys have been through a lot worse, so of course I haven't been out on the FZR or the LC for some time now
Cheers
Steve
Nicoxj
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Nicoxj »

Nice ...

nuggit, I forgot to mention, you did not anonymise all the reg plates...

I can read some, car and bike :D
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Nicoxj wrote:Nice ...

nuggit, I forgot to mention, you did not anonymise all the reg plates...

I can read some, car and bike :D
Thanks for that. Some do get through the net. 😁👍
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Nicoxj
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Nicoxj »

I like your number (had forgotten that in the UK you can buy a personnalised number!), and you don't care about the 4-wheelers :D