Ride to Scarborough.

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Ride to Scarborough.

Post by nuggitt »

I took myself off to sunny Scarborough today.

Does anybody (who's old enough) remember the Wimpy burger chain of shops? Well a friend of mine recommended trying the Oasis Cafe on the North Bay in Scarborough. I have to admit that I'm not a big burger fan. I did try a Wimpy burger in the early seventies.

Well today I had a burger from the Oasis cafe and they taste just like a Wimpy burger back in the day. It certainly took you down memory lane. :nod: :nod: I got that carried away with eating it I forgot to take a photo of it.

After my burger I went to sit with a big friend of mine and watch the world go by. :D

From Scarborough I set off to Seaways for my afternoon tea.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

I remember fondly Wimpy in Bath in the 1980's. Thought the chain was long gone until a day trip to Swanage a couple of years ago while holidaying in Weymouth. Right in Swanage high street just how I remember the food getting on for 40 years ago. Also about the same time around 1982 I remember visiting one of the first McDonald's at Cribbs Causeway near Bristol. Did prefer the Wimpy burger