Old farts reunion

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Old farts reunion

Post by nuggitt »

I'm a bit late with this ride out.

I used to ride about with these 3 lads in the early seventies. We used to be a magnificent 7 but life and accidents etc got in the way.

I'll keep it short by saying I bumped into one of them last year and we talked about getting a reunion sorted out. Well it all came together last Monday. We set off from my place and called on the way to pick anther one up near Selby. I'd heard about another place very similar to the one at Sherburn aero field called the Motorist.

I was volunteered to be Squadron Leader, so after a few hours on Google Earth I'd got a nice 120 mile round trip sorted out.

The place we ended up was called NY500. Its between Malton and Pickering on the A169. They've only been opened for 7 weeks so its all a bit of a learning curve for the owner, but they are doing well and getting some events organised.

Stig and Teego if you're in the area then it's worth popping in to have a look and they do nice food too.

https://ny500.co.uk/

From there we called at the log cabin at Fimber, but that was closed so moved on up the road to Seaways. From there we had a bit of a blast and a laugh back to Sherburn in Helmet on some nice country roads. :lol: :lol:

On my way home. I called at my local Tesco garage to fill up and noticed this sign. When I got home I did a check and according to the GOV web site my bike is ok for the new ethanol change.

Here's a few photos of the motley crew. :lol:

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
jcr
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by jcr »

an interesting post,thanks for sharing.

regarding the new e10 fuel in September, ive heard a lot of mention that it will perish fuel lines and carb internals over time. so to play it safe i will only be putting premium fuel in, which will remain low ethanol for the time being.
1996 thunderace
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

A few years ago I changed all my seals in my carbs in preperation for the E10 changes. I got the seal kit from LiteTek who are based in Thailand.

CLICK HERE

& CLICK HERE FOR A READ

Last winter I also replaced all my fuel lines with some of this.

FUEL PIPE
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
jcr
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by jcr »

you treat your bike better than i treat my woman :D
1996 thunderace
jcr
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by jcr »

i had a look at the LiteTek link. they dont list a carb kit for the ace.
1996 thunderace