FRONT WHEEL

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

FRONT WHEEL

Post by NickZT »

Have white wheels on my Exup which I hate. All bike wheels should be black :D They certainly need a refurb and some new boots,

The last of the line Exup got 43mm forks, up from 41mm, 6 pot calipers and a 22mm front axle, up from 17mm. The later wheels are hard to find, but a little research suggests the front wheel is the same as fitted to both the YZF750 and Thunderace. So I pulled the trigger on a very nice black Thunderace front wheel.

Not the same. Check out the picture. Different brake discs. The FZR discs are 320mm, the Thunderace are 298mm. I guess it would all fit, but would have to swap my 6 pot calipers to 4 pot blue spots. This would be very expensive. new discs and calipers

Does any one know if any other 320mm discs will fit, so I can keep my 6 pots.

creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Well done, I bet that took some researching 👍

Chinese ignition ??
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

White wheels on my old 89 Exup was one of the things I loved about it, but they were spotless and cleaned after every ride.
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

itsnotagenesis wrote:White wheels on my old 89 Exup was one of the things I loved about it, but they were spotless and cleaned after every ride.
White wheels do suit 89/90 exup, but I think my colour scheme definitely looks better with black wheels

BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by BONLY1 »

They're not black in that colour scheme.
Used to have one.
Mine's on the first page of members bikes.
O/e wheels were a dark blue and looked the business.
Nice bike!
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

BONLY1 wrote:They're not black in that colour scheme.
Used to have one.
Mine's on the first page of members bikes.
O/e wheels were a dark blue and looked the business.
Nice bike!
Did wonder if the wheels were dark blue. Just thought it was a nice picture. Hopefully when I get my repainted fairing and wheels on my bike will look as nice
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

So my new discs turned up today. They look very smart, but as my bike is still at workshop can some one do me a favour and measure between the rotors on their front wheel. I'm hoping the R7 zero offset is correct with the Thunderace wheel

Mine measure 130mm

BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by BONLY1 »

Haven't got a good measuring device handy but just did this on my 95 Foxeye and 130 shows at 'inside' disc rotors.
Are you able to access the link for pic?
https://imgur.com/bSopJVg
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

BONLY1 wrote:Haven't got a good measuring device handy but just did this on my 95 Foxeye and 130 shows at 'inside' disc rotors.
Are you able to access the link for pic?
https://imgur.com/bSopJVg
Yeah can see image. You are an absolute star. That has put my mind at rest. Don't think this mod has been done before.

Hopfully get bike back tomorrow. It's up and running as it should after a new ignition and replacement loom. Just waiting for them to prepare invoice ☹