Restored fairing

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Restored fairing

Post by NickZT »

Hi Guys. Thought I would post up a picture of my newly restored lower fairing panels. Been doing up my exup over the winter months. Unfortunate I wont be fitting them back onto the bike any time soon because as you probably know from my previous post. Bike wont bloody start, so still some more investigation to go before Im back on the road

NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

These were done by a professional. Ace of Sprays bike paint. Not a full respray. More of a salvage job. No cracks or damage but plenty of scratches and chips after 25 years. I did the top fairing, but the lower design was a little to intricate for me

creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Have you tried a multimeter across the loom terminals for 1 & 4 coil with the engine turning to see whether you have no voltage, a constant voltage or an interrupted voltage?
I think you should have an LT (12 volt) voltage interrupted once per revolution.

I may go and check to see what happens on mine.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

I did test for voltage. Do get a constant feed through the red & white wire, but no interruption through the orange wire from the cdi. yes any ru cdi (igniter) will fit, even a yzf750 will work And if I had read this earlier would have definitely took you up on you kind offer. Many thanks for that, but JHS Racing have collected my bike this evening to look at tomorrow