1000 genesis 87 forks

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

1000 genesis 87 forks

Post by Goshreally2 »

Hello. Does anyone have experience of stripping down 1000 genesis 87 forks. I have mine dismantled but in the base of the inner tube there is a piece which looks like it should be the oil lock piece but it does not come out of the bottom of the tube. it has a part that rotates around another piece but it is in there hard. Does this piece have to be driven out of the top - it is not like in the manual with the oil lock piece being removed with a finger from the bottom of the outer tube. The piece I mean seems to be fixed into the inner fork tube. I am wanting to send the forks for rechrome so I am thinking this must be removed. Any info. please.
Well I'll be .....
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:worthless:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

Ok. As I have said in the past posts - powertech exhaust, my computer is useless, I can't upload images or store onto. I have to use my phone which is only any good at email. Still. If you find yourself with a pair of genesis 87 forks stripped down and you find there are parts inside the bottom of the inner fork leg that don't show up in the manual - don't panic they are heat and press fitted in the factory and so considered part of the leg itself. I don't know if this is the case for exup. If being sent for re chrome the fork people will do any blanking required when applying the chrome.
Well I'll be .....