Genesis mudguard

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
nuggitt

Genesis mudguard

Post by nuggitt »

Does anyone know if the 87 genesis front mudguard is the same as the other years? 🤔
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

Hi Nuggit. The mudguards are different. The genesis wraps around the outside of the forks - the exup does not. That said the fork legs on the 89 and 90 exup look similar to the genesis - the mudguard might fit. The upper lug on the fork leg ( where the brake line retaining clip mounts ) is used as one of the mudguard mounting points on the genesis. If the measurement from the upper caliper mount to the retaining clip mount is the same on the genesis and exup it may work. On the genesis this measurement is 50mm (centre of hole to centre of hole). The measurement between the top mounting points on the genesis ( the four bolts that mount the guard) is 170mm (centre to centre).
Well I'll be .....
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

The genesis has an 18" rear wheel - tyre size 160/60/18, front wheel - 120/70/17. The exup front tyre is a 130 I think. The clearance on the genesis mudguard is quite big.
Well I'll be .....
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Goshreally2 wrote:The genesis has an 18" rear wheel - tyre size 160/60/18, front wheel - 120/70/17. The exup front tyre is a 130 I think. The clearance on the genesis mudguard is quite big.
The factory fit front on an exup was 130. It was crap so everyone switched to 120 when the original wore out. Some of us couldn't wait so swapped both ends ASAP. IIRC 120/70/17 and 180/55/17.
Keep on keepin' on.