4 Years ago

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
YZF1000R-SPRINT
Test Rider
Test Rider

4 Years ago

Post by YZF1000R-SPRINT »

Hey up guys, well I last posted on here about 4 years ago and just bought another Thunderace so I'll be back posting again soon.

How's everyone?

Jason
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Quick change the locks stig. 😁😁👍
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:worthless:
Btw, we use imgur now :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig wrote: some are still tinkering away in the background (eh Nuggitt)
I'm a very busy bee at the moment.

All the panels and tank off for a full respray. This is what I came across when I took the right hand mirror off. Picture 2. Not a pretty sight is it?

I've done some work on the green cogs in the clocks because my speedo readings are a bit erratic. I have a spare set of clocks with lower mileage on them so I've changed the cogs from one to another and I'll see if that cures it.

While I had the clocks off I also made a reference to the bulb sizes etc. The 12v x 1.2 w had blown so I put a new one in.

Changed the oil and filter and while the engine was empty of oil I changed my clutch cover for a nearly new one because it was looking rather tired.

These engine casing bolts came in the post today and also these spire nuts. The old spire nuts are all rusty.
That's one of my jobs to do tomorrow.

Yesterday I fitted 4 new spark plugs, a new fuel filter, Cleaned all the electrical connectors and wires all around the clocks .

I've been out today and bought her some new perfume. :lol: She's having a good scrub up tomorrow.

In between all of this I'm also doing the school run with my Granddaughter.
:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

While I'm waiting for my panels etc to come back from the sprayers. I'm ordering bits and pieces that I'll need to replace old with new.

I ordered these fairing bolts yesterday morning and at 9am today they turned up at my door. That's not bad going in these difficult times is it?

I'm waiting for the postman coming with some new fuel filters and silicone tubing. I'm changing all the plastic tubing that's on the bike. I've already done the battery overflow pipe with some I had in stock.

I've got rid of the old red coloured fuel pipe and fitted some reinforced pipe.

Lots more to do yet. :nod: :thumbsup:
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Be interesting when you hit the starter button after the rebuild.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Yee who have little faith. :naughty:
Teego

Post by Teego »

nuggitt wrote:Yee who have little faith. :naughty:
Thing was that his mate was a bastard practical joker.
Keep on keepin' on.
rocket robbo
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by rocket robbo »

been a while for me too but ill be around a bit now
once bitten ya never let go lol

im in the process of putting another exup back on the road too
should be ready in the new year ,its not standard but its an exup
carnt post pictures coz i carnt (dont know how to) :lol: :lol: :retard:
current rides
1989 fzr1000 exup
1989 fzr1000 exup single sided fighter
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

rocket robbo wrote: carnt post pictures coz i carnt (dont know how to) :lol: :lol: :retard:
There is now a HOW-TO in announcements to help you out :thumbsup:

CLICK HERE
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

A quick update of the work I've done up to now.

Had a delivery from CMS the other day with a new rubber for the mirror stay.

A new inline filter that goes on the pipe from the main air filter box. The insides of the old one had deteriorated.

I must be a good customer because they sent me a CMS key fob and a lovely poster.

I've got all the new filters fitted and new tubing too.

I ordered from litetek in Thailand some new seals for the petrol cap and the sender. That package came yesterday and when I opened it they'd sent me the wrong ones. A quick email later and I got a thousand apologies and they are going to send me the right ones. I'm not in a rush for those.

I forgot to add that I've got all the new engine casing bolts fitted.

That's it for now. :nod:
Nicoxj
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Nicoxj »

Nice ;) :thumbsup:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Today I whipped the carbs off.

When I bought my Litetek carb seal kit a while ago to do a service on the carbs. I couldn't get the main jet O ring out so I bought a couple of dental sickle tools last week. These are perfect for getting into tight awkward places. I managed to get all four old seals out and replaced them with new ones.

I gave the carbs a good clean up and set all the float heights again because three of them were out. Number 1 carb float height was playing hard to get until I looked at the float needle and the little internal spring had lost its strength so I changed it for another one and they are all bang on now.

nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I got the carbs back on and started her up today and she's running and sounding nice. :nod:

I put some talc around the pick up coil but I couldn't see anything amiss. I did rev it up a bit to the annoyance of my neighbours. :lol: :lol: I'm hoping that gasket sealant might be doing it's job. I'll have to see what its like next year when I'm back on the road. I'll keep it in mind about the offers of the seals. :thumbsup:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Those seal offers expire with Brexit. WTO rules will apply after 31/12 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard