Cutch slave question

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Cutch slave question

Post by Goshreally2 »

Hello. would anyone know if clutch slaves on fzr are the same for all years? So far from what I can gather they seem to be, the manual doesn't state any difference. I haven't looked at the parts catalogue yet ( not sure if this will yield answer). The piston in mine is not great and so I am looking to replace it ( does anyone by chance have a good one floating about that you would like to sell? ) Thanks.
Well I'll be .....
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

Thank you Stig. I forgot to ask - the lower portion of the piston is good, the upper above the fluid seal is the dubious area. I am thinking this might be ok as there is no corrosion on the lower - is that correct?
Well I'll be .....
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I looked at the OEM piston in my Exup-R slave cylinder & decided to make one from ally & then have it anodised. It's lasted over 35,000 miles without any wear. I then used the original in my FJ1200 as the original in that was badly corroded.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

Thanks for looking Stig, I appreciate it.
Well I'll be .....