What's the upside of the lockdown?

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

And another thing..................
Settle back with a good sippin whisky and the Stones Aftermath.
Life's OK for me and mine.
4 of us have had C19. But............
It's a desperate crock o'shite for so many who live from week to week or day to day.

Hope you and yours are doing as well as you can.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

All ok in this camp Chris.

I've been looking after the old dog (the missus) all this week because she put her back out last Friday and was hobbling about like a goodun. I've been the Chief, cook, bottle washer, nurse, gardener and house maid. No comments please. Glad to say I must be a good carer because she's a lot better now and back on with the programme.

I'm now at the stage were I'm looking for things to do but slowly running out of things that need doing. The bike is suffering a bit because I'm polishing the life out of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will we ever get out on the bikes? We'll all be going crazy, a bit like when they let stallions out in the field for the first time. :lol: :lol:

Take care you lot and stay safe. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Jesus!!

We used to have one of those back in 1897. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Things are getting bad mate.

Mind you, you could use it to get all the cobwebs off your bike. When you drag it out of course. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Teego

Post by Teego »

You must be totally off your head Paul. Now that you've rebuilt it I can see why it was abandoned for 3 years. Shame the tips are closed.
I discovered an old DVD player. Couldn't get it to work so opened it up to see what was wrong. If it wasn't broke then, it sure is now. No tips so in't black bin.

Some bikes out around Derbyshire today. Small groups pressing on a bit. Someone tried to push me a bit off the lights at Cowers Lane. Sorted but traction control was backing me off as the dashboard lit up. This is on a warm dry road with warm tyres and only half throttle, or less. You can still have fun on 4 wheels.
Keep on keepin' on.
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Thinking of my UK Friends & ONE benefit of C19...

Post by kboehringer »

Hope you are all doing well.

Our state of Georgia in the USA is slowly re-opening several of the smaller businesses. Several other of the states have started re-opening as well. This is not an opening as back to normal. Many social distancing restrictions and masks are required in some cases.

I was able to get a haircut the other day. The barbers were permitted to reopen last Friday. The barber was required to change his personal shirt between each customer, change the apron, disinfect the chair, clean all tools as usual, and wear a mask. I was required to wash hands with anti-bacterial lotion before getting in the chair. Is there a risk, certainly, but seemingly very low with all the precautions.

COVID 19 Benefit:
My daughter Sarah (age 27) lives in Manhattan, NY. She and her older brother Kurt Jr. haven't spoken in some time (years). As a matter of fact my other sons Karl & Derek don't speak much to Jr. either. All generally a result of my son's "hard to like" wife.

They all seem to have recognized how fragile life really is and are all speaking to each other well as a result. The oldest has event sent snacks, face masks, and other necessities to his sister in NY.

All-in-all.... the kids are much closer as a result of this event.

Aside from the many misc. house chores being completed (like everyone else here) there isn't much else positive.
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
Teego

Post by Teego »

Glad your family is getting together again. It's a real pain when people split, often for petty reasons. I'm lucky. All my family, except my sister, lives within two miles of us and we are very close.

We have no reopening dates for anything over here.
Keep it steady.
Keep on keepin' on.