What's the upside of the lockdown?

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

What's the upside of the lockdown?

Post by Teego »

1. More money in my pocket. Usually do 8000 miles a year in my Benz at 19.8 mpg of V-power.
2. All the coro coverage on TV has forced me away from the box. Have discovered so much great music and musicians on You Tube where one selection takes you off on a tangent to another.

What's your upside folks?
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Endless hours to work on getting the Twincam back on the road. Even managed to tidy garage and start having a clear out in the process. Only downside is that I need a few parts that I can get due to companies being closed
Another plus is all the decorating has now been done so more free time come summer

AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Before this virus came along we all used to say when I get aroundtuit (stig) I'll get on with this, that and the other jobs I had planned to do. Well now we can and there's no excuses anymore.

I bought this Suzuki Bandit 600 about a month ago for one of my daughters. I've been doing lots of work on it because by the looks of things the previous owners haven't been very kind to it. The engine is spot on but it's the other working bits I'm not happy about. Fitted new chain and sprockets, new seals in the rear brake caliper. The old seals were popping out. :eek: New pads in the front brakes the old ones were nearly down to the rivets :eek: Gone round everything to make sure nothing is loose or about to fall off. I think it's just about ready now for the road when this virus sods off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4_O-iF ... e=youtu.be

Cleaned everything on the shelves in the garage and had a really good tidy up. Hoovered the carpet up and got into all the corners where you find all the little bits and pieces you've dropped over time.

Also been getting stuck into the garden. It was looking a bit untidy here and there but now you'd think Alan Titchmarsh and his team had been through it.
Mind you my back and aching bones are telling me something. :lol: :lol:

Spring cleaned all the house top to bottom for the missus. Some good riding brownie point earned there I can tell you. :nod: :D

Washed and cleaned all the guttering outside etc.

A couple of our friends returned from a long holiday in Australia in January and they brought me a proper throwing boomerang. I used to have one when I lived out there many moons ago but when we came back to the UK it disappeared. With me living next door to the village cricket ground I have room to practice throwing it. One day this week I manged to get it back to me twice were I was able to catch it in my hands.

My other leisure activities are walking these two mutts also on the cricket field. They've never been as fit and they usually pick the boomerang up and run off with it.

Like Teego says the TV is sh%te so I listen to a bit of music sometimes and I've even started doing Jigsaws in the evenings. Call me sad if you want but they are quite relaxing .

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
itsnotagenesis

Post by itsnotagenesis »

Stig, that car is looking mint. I know you have been working on it for a few years now but have you any idea when you will be finished?

Since I have been stuck at home I have cleaned both bikes, machine polished and waxed both cars, repainted the calipers on my wifes Z4, jet washed the monoblock around the house and the decking, oiled the decking, cut the grass a few times.
Bored though, you just cant beat going somewhere even if its just for something to eat.
Teego

Post by Teego »

My neighbour is doing a bare metal build (not rebuild) of a Mk1 Mini Cooper.
Just before the lockdown the new shell came back from the paintshop. Cooper green with white roof. It's been upside down on a jig for a couple of weeks while he's been fitting bespoke brake lines, steering rack, etc etc.
Couple of problems now with C-19. His new wiring loom is still with the maker who has shut down with only three days work needed to complete it. His new engine is at his father's place but he's on lockdown.
We only got 1st world problems, thank f***

Keep on keeping on you lot and come in sometime.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

With all the best laid plans and all the prep in the world, you still find bits needed as the project goes along but as the dealers are closed it now stops certain parts of the project from moving on. Have to keep progressing other bits in the meantime 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Teego

Post by Teego »

Stig wrote:With all the best laid plans and all the prep in the world, you still find bits needed as the project goes along but as the dealers are closed it now stops certain parts of the project from moving on. Have to keep progressing other bits in the meantime 👍
Exactly so Paul. It was ever thus with the bikes as welll. Where's that tiny carb o-ring gone FFS.
Keep on keepin' on.
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

Fanku!
Pitbull
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by Pitbull »

Working on the vfr project which has yzf750 forks, which have been fully stripped and rebuild with new stanchions,
Didn't realise how hard they were to remove. watching peeps on you tube made it look easy,

Hope everyone is safe and well
Teego

Post by Teego »

Pitbull wrote:Working on the vfr project which has yzf750 forks, which have been fully stripped and rebuild with new stanchions,
Didn't realise how hard they were to remove. watching peeps on you tube made it look easy,

Hope everyone is safe and well
I suppose we can assume that those of us still posting are reasonably safe if not entirely well. But Exup obsession may indicate certain abnormal traits.
Keep on keepin' on.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I'm still doing the things around the place as I would do normally. The intention is to do a whole lot more out in ther garage as & when i've done certain other things first.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Teego

Post by Teego »

YAMAEXUP wrote:I'm still doing the things around the place as I would do normally. The intention is to do a whole lot more out in ther garage as & when i've done certain other things first.
Reading between the lines, it sounds like she's given you plenty of indoor jobs before you're allowed outdoors.
She's no fool. Once you move to your garage you won't be seen to the lockdown ends. So little time, so much fettlin to do.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

So much shite on the TV too. At least it not all Football which is the worst kind plus most of the usual soaps have dropped if leaving me to catch up with MY kind of shite (according to SWIMBO)
AKA Bald headed b'stard
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Teego wrote:
YAMAEXUP wrote:I'm still doing the things around the place as I would do normally. The intention is to do a whole lot more out in ther garage as & when i've done certain other things first.
Reading between the lines, it sounds like she's given you plenty of indoor jobs before you're allowed outdoors.
She's no fool. Once you move to your garage you won't be seen to the lockdown ends. So little time, so much fettlin to do.
She is no fool & knows far better than to try & suggest any agenda onto me. When you've been married as long as we have (36 years in Sept) then we have a common interest ie. bikes. She knows very well that i'm to be left alone to do my own thing otherwise I would tell her to back off...in the nicest way :nod:
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Teego

OPEN ROADS>>>>>>>>>>>>&g

Post by Teego »

Apparently the lockdown will be lifted in stages.
Primary schools
Pubs and shops
Other schools
Wine bars and restaurants
Etc etc up the food chain.

BUT over - 70s may not be allowed out until they've all been vaccinated. This could take until Autumn 2021.

So no more old folk in their weekend Honda Jazz to block your way or T-bone you when they suddenly turn right into Pets R Us or the Public Convenience.
Keep on keepin' on.