Sorn

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Sorn

Post by itsnotagenesis »

Oh well. First time in 31 years of owning bikes that I have not taxed my bike.
Seeing as I wont be venturing out anywhere for the foreseeable I just sorned it.
Not happy at all.
Roll on 2021.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

My bike has been on sorn since last November. I was planning on taxing it on the 1st of April but that plan went to cock. 😢 God knows when well get on the road this year. ☹️
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

THANKS.... Now I understand.

Post by kboehringer »

It sounds like about $100 or so to keep her on the road. Basically similar to the US.....maybe a couple dollars more.

RE: INSPECTION
In my State of Georgia, there are no inspections on Motorcycles. I used to live in the State of Pennsylvania and they did inspect bikes. The inspection was VERY BASIC: Tires Minimum Tread Requirement, Brake Pads, Check the Brake Lines, all Lighting in proper order. Cost was about $20 and 15 minutes.

Cars in Georgia get an annual EMISSIONS only inspection $25. The car is exempt until it is 3+ years old (they figure it should all work in the first three I guess) then until it is 25 when it becomes exempt again. They check NOTHING else. I've seen cars missing fenders pass inspection.

IN the Northern States Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New York, etc. Car inspections tend to be much more elaborate. The salt, snow, etc. cause many of the northern state to perform Emissions and General Vehicle Safety Inspections. Again, usually pretty inexpensive $50 but they will check the brakes, exhaust systems, steering components, tires, etc.

At any time a law enforcement officer can write a citation for anything he/she feels is unsafe or below standard. However, that is EXTREMELY rare. If one is pulled over for speeding in an old piece of crap, and decides to argue or be an ass, the officer is likely to start writing up those violations too.
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis