Fzr 1000 exup J Reg no spark

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
AndrewCBaker
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Fzr 1000 exup J Reg no spark

Post by AndrewCBaker »

Hi there from a late newby, Pls help!!!!

I bought this FZR 1000 exup J reg, 140 thousand miles, been stood for 10 years +,stripped it down, tank off,airbox off, carbs are in amazing condition, all free, and cleaner than you would definately expect..............
After getting down that far, thought as the carbs were free, and clean and no apparent crap or sticky old fuel, me and pal would attempt to spin it over with some easy start!!
Spins lovely, but not firing!!
Started to remove plugs, im getting NO spark from any, after a bit of fiddling, run switch chk, stand etc, i kept looking at at this box, called digital ignitor, thought after reading up this was the culprit, found 1, waited to arrive, arrived and plugged in, No difference!!
What could it be PLSSSS
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

I had to go through nearly all of the components on my genesis 87 to get a spark. Voltage checks( showing any breaks or shorts) resistance checks on components. Mine was the ignitor. Hopefully one of the exup owners will pick up on this soon, there are some really decent users here. Until I did all the checks I couldn't really narrow it down. I did find a couple of nasty connections and added wires by the previous owner which also had to be corrected to get a result. Good luck.
Well I'll be .....
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Nuggitt or Stig, could you move this thread to the appropriate forum so we can contribute?
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Sorted
AKA Bald headed b'stard
AndrewCBaker
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

New to this

Post by AndrewCBaker »

Hi good morning where will this now be moved to so i can follow and hopefully resolve, thanks
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

Some useful info. was given to me on my genesis 87 thread and in workshop again about genesis. Some of the info. was related to exup, maybe there is something of help in those posts. The starting procedure was good to know i.e does the sidestand or clutch switch affect starting.
Well I'll be .....