Worst tyres ever?

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
pilninggas
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by pilninggas »

ahh, nitto.

the little shop in Filton sold those. they were awful. i had some on my rxs100 and it binned me a few times before - being 17 - i realised how dangerous they were in the damp. They also wore out so quickly, even on a suzuki zr50, that the bloke would almost seem to know when you would be back.

i dont like BT023s or the old Dunlop D207s, the latter being awful when leaning over - when they were about i considered them downright dangerous.
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

genesis 87

Post by Goshreally2 »

Hello. I have a set of Avon tyres on the 87 I have but they are old. Despite that they are in good condition so will do until it's fit for the road. Any recommendations for future fitment. Is there anything that stands out from the crowd regarding stability?
Well I'll be .....
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

genesis 87

Post by Goshreally2 »

Thanks. That's right on the wheel sizes. I will look out for those. It looks like you can get some quite good deals online and there is a good company near me. Dave Rogers, Kimble. I will ask them to fit and balance for me. For anyone in Bucks they are good people doing good work.
Well I'll be .....
Nicoxj
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Nicoxj »

Try Michelin Macadam 50 !

They will last 100's of 1000s, and you will save fuel as you will run very, very slowly as they are as hard as iron!

Saying this, not sure they are still manufactured :D

I had these on my '88 VFR (RC24 II), I kept them a good week, time to find something usable!
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

genesis 87

Post by Goshreally2 »

Wow, they sound really bad. Thanks for that I will avoid them (if they are still manufactured). :nod:
Well I'll be .....
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Nicoxj wrote:Try Michelin Macadam 50 !

They will last 100's of 1000s, and you will save fuel as you will run very, very slowly as they are as hard as iron!

Saying this, not sure they are still manufactured :D

I had these on my '88 VFR (RC24 II), I kept them a good week, time to find something usable!
You rode on those and lived to tell the tale? For my Foxeye I settled on Dunlop Sportmax which were good enough for scratching and Euroblasts. 3000 miles from the rear and 5000 for the front. Almost as bad as Macadams were the OE Dunlops on Foxeye.
Keep on keepin' on.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Don't you mean A59/M59s ?

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... +a59x+m59x

Some of the first proper radial tyres on the market. Came as standard on several bikes.

Then there were the A89/M89s....which were reported to be the worst attempt by Michelin to create a better radial than the 59 series :retard:
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk