OW-01 Replica worth it ?

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
pilninggas
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by pilninggas »

EXUP prices are just starting to bounce after a long period of time being on their arses.

That price for a nice looking bike - if running right - seems good; you are unlikely to lose on it.

Make sure the carbs and exup valve havent been knackered.
Rake
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Rake »

pilninggas wrote:EXUP prices are just starting to bounce after a long period of time being on their arses.

That price for a nice looking bike - if running right - seems good; you are unlikely to lose on it.

Make sure the carbs and exup valve havent been knackered.
thanks for the reply.

The only issue is that I cant see it running - I might give him a call and ask if I can bring a battery down and see it running.

Im adding some closer pics of the screen too.

Rake
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Rake »

Oh and there are different keys for tank and ignition
pilninggas
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by pilninggas »

this lockset works:

LOCK SET

I put on mine as the locks were all different.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I was looking at the OWO1 replica a few days ago. :nod:

According to the write up. It says...PUT FRESH FUEL IN MY AUXILIARY TANK AND IT FIRED UP STRAIGHT AWAY ENGINE SOUNDS SWEET. If he's being honest about that, then the carbs must be ok and that's one problem out of the way.

Have you been to look at it?

Like you say the fairing panels don't line up properly. Some parts look a bit rough in places and I can't tell if the exup valve is in place?

It's hard to advise folks what they should do but if your good at tinkering and spending time and money on it then its up to you. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

This is what an OWO1 / 1000 Exup bastard replica looks like.

Keep on keepin' on.
Teego

Post by Teego »

Hey Paul, that's a fast response. So you're always lurking in the shadows waiting for an interesting thread. Good to see you posting.
Keep on keepin' on.
yzfpaul
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by yzfpaul »

Hi ya matey, I havnt logged on in a while but a friend of mine just messaged me to ask if I'd seen this thread so I thought I'd put my tuppence worth in
And thanks for the complement on mine btw
Teego

Post by Teego »

yzfpaul wrote:Hi ya matey, I havnt logged on in a while but a friend of mine just messaged me to ask if I'd seen this thread so I thought I'd put my tuppence worth in
And thanks for the complement on mine btw
So, do you still have the fearsome machine?
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Workmen and tools as they say. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Teego

Post by Teego »

nuggitt wrote:Workmen and tools as they say. :lol: :lol:
The computer has become the greatest Get out of Jail card for incompetent organisations and people.

"Sorry you lost your money / house / car / mother / holiday / kidney / job etc etc. There has been a computer problem."

NO THERE HASN'T BEEN A COMPUTER PROBLEM. SOME IDIOT SCREWED UP WHILE USING THE COMPUTER.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Here's some more photos of the Hybrid beast to drool over. I do that quite often. :D

Like they used to say on Bullseye, this is what you could've won.

Rake
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Rake »

nuggitt wrote:I was looking at the OWO1 replica a few days ago. :nod:

According to the write up. It says...PUT FRESH FUEL IN MY AUXILIARY TANK AND IT FIRED UP STRAIGHT AWAY ENGINE SOUNDS SWEET. If he's being honest about that, then the carbs must be ok and that's one problem out of the way.

Have you been to look at it?

Like you say the fairing panels don't line up properly. Some parts look a bit rough in places and I can't tell if the exup valve is in place?

It's hard to advise folks what they should do but if your good at tinkering and spending time and money on it then its up to you. :nod:
Yes this is the same one, I did go to see it and my initial reaction was not to and over the cash quite so quickly so I left and slept on it.

My gut feeling says walk away its a franken bike and not done nicely.

Aside from that I messaged the seller last night and asked if I could bring some fuel and a battery down before giving him the cash and he saw the message but didnt reply so I think that says it all really.