Night night

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
nuggitt

Night night

Post by nuggitt »

Well that's my bike tucked away for the winter in its boil in the bag. Got the oil and filter changed, Put the stabilising fluid in the petrol tank, then ran the engine to empty the carbs. I even managed to change the antifreeze too. I gave it a good clean and polish up, all I need now is for spring to arrive. :D :thumbsup:

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

Do you fill the tank to the top before hibernation?
Nick
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

When I saw your thread subject I got worried (sorta). Thought you might be checking out. As Spike Milligan's epitaph says "I told you I wasn't well".
Keep on keepin' on.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

love the car number plate grandad, well im all better now as the docs has got my ticker all wrong so next year Ill be looking for a new bike :nod:
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Re: Night night - Battery Tender?

Post by kboehringer »

nuggitt wrote:Well that's my bike tucked away for the winter in its boil in the bag.
Nuggitt,
What have you done about the battery during storage? One of my largest problems is keeping the batteries charged and healthy in all of my bikes.

In my case, with so many bikes, some bikes get out very infrequently. I have several trickle chargers (but not enough for all of the bikes). So, I move them around every couple weeks to make sure all the bikes keep a charge.

Although I drive my FZR & FJR very frequently (more than all the other bikes), those are also wired for a trickle charger.....

Just wondering if you've made arrangements for the battery?

Sincerely,
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Teego wrote:
Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh, hello Mrs Nuggitt, didn't notice you lurking in the corner. Errrrrrr, I'll be gone now.
So it's you is it??? I was dreading it being roadrunner (Mike) because he's like a Gypsy's dog all rib and cock. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Nicoxj
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Nicoxj »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so I'm not the only one using the dishwasher while alone at home for mecanical usage :D :D
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

they got a totally wrong thing, found it was major stress and anxiety I was suffering with that came under heart problems, but its all good now.
must be better looking now as got married end of September lol
moneys tight for now so just looking for now and trying to save at the same time, but hopefully ill have a bike soon enough, but as youre getting on abit now grandad nugget you might as well sell me your bike and ill look after it for you :lol: :lol:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

undeadhairy wrote:but as you're getting on a bit now granddad nuggitt you might as well sell me your bike and ill look after it for you :lol: :lol:
My bike isn't for the likes of you young bloods. I mean you wouldn't give a 5 year old a razor blade to play with would you so why would I let you loose on my powerful bike. :lol: :lol: :lol: I think at your young age you ought to start with a nice 300cc and go through the ranks up to a bigger 1000cc bike. I now you've had an FZR1000 before but I think with the speeds you got up to on our rides out I'm sure it was a detuned one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have a sniff round for you so get saving up young man. Have you thought about selling your body to science, on second thoughts having been in your company I wouldn't bother karl. :lol: :lol: :lol: :p
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by kboehringer »

nuggitt wrote: I mean you wouldn't give a 5 year old a razor blade to play with would you so why would I let you loose on my powerful bike.
LMAO!!!!
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis