Making it "LOOK" stock... Reflector thoughts....

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Making it "LOOK" stock... Reflector thoughts....

Post by kboehringer »

Men,
I'm TRYING to make this bike look much like it did new... Obviously my fancy seat is a bit off the path of a true restoration but that is true of the high-quality Stainless Steel brake lines I installed from Goodrich. There will be a couple items that are not stock. But I want the bike to LOOK relatively stock.

When purchased, the PO had removed the rear fender, stuffed the license tag up into the ass of the bike (popular with the kids here in the USA) and replaced the turn signals with these stupid little smoked lens items (photo below). Without the proper fender, all the dirt, water, mud, and crap is going right up under the seat and inevitably onto the battery and ignition unit. Really a STUPID modification......

I've replaced the fender with a proper unit and the signals are new units identical to OEM (photo Below). But the reflectors that came with the stock rear fender are apparently like hen's teeth (very hard to find).

I found these from an FZ600 and think they will fill the void and look "CLOSE to stock". What do ya'll think?

I'm convinced they look better than the holes left behind then the PO removed them from this fender (photo below)

Thoughts? Would anyone except and FZR expert found on this site know they weren't stock?
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

We don't have side reflectors over here, just one at the rear. Should be a way of filling those screw holes.
Keep on keepin' on.
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

United States Reflectors....

Post by kboehringer »

Teego wrote:We don't have side reflectors over here, just one at the rear. Should be a way of filling those screw holes.
I've noticed finding samples of the FZR with them installed is difficult. I guess because they weren't a requirement in England/Europe.

Here is a sample I found of them installed on a 92 like mine.

I decided to "Flip" them to the opposite sides and they now appear to look very close to what was supplied from the factory.

Over here in the states.........they put reflectors all the heck all over the place.... Take a look at the ass of my FJR
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis