Happy Day #2 - New Seat Cover....Local Upholstery Shop

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Happy Day #2 - New Seat Cover....Local Upholstery Shop

Post by kboehringer »

FZR Friends,
The seat on my bike came with was a little bit tattered up (not really too bad). But it was also missing the "Chicken Strap" (as we call it here). I'm also preparing the bike for a very large Vintage Yamaha Rally next week and I want the bike to look as good as it can even though I can't re-paint in time for the rally.

I purchased another seat in a similar slightly tattered condition but with the "Chicken Strap" and proper hardware. Having an "extra seat" I could continue to have "Happy Days" on the bike while repairing the spare.

I asked my friend that upholstered several of my other bike seats to give it a go......He asked for a couple photos of the bike and I gave him the liberty to do something "Custom" but please, "Not TOO Flashy".

Here's what he did....

The lettering is STITCHED into the cover...

He also did a superior job on the underside (compared to the work of the mother ship)

I'm pleased as can be.... Looks nice overall, stitching color is a great match, and the FZR really goes well with the "Yamaha" on the tail.

What do you think?

Sincerely,
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Excellent.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

That looks well smart 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
two-stroke-brit
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by two-stroke-brit »

I was looking for a cover and saw one on eBay but was it located in France.
and it was either $120 or $190 which was too rich for my blood.
that looks great.
IT MAY BE ROUGH LOOKING BUT ITS A FUN RIDE
Teego

Post by Teego »

Your local upholsterer is always a good bet. Great prices plus keeps the artisan skills going and you can have any design you want.
Same with wood trim in your car. Use your local French Polisher to refresh or restyle it. You won't get a better job anywhere.
Keep on keepin' on.
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Seat Available in Georgia

Post by kboehringer »

two-stroke-brit wrote:I was looking for a cover and saw one on eBay but was it located in France.
and it was either $120 or $190 which was too rich for my blood.
that looks great.
Two-Stroke Brit,
The seat I removed was not really too bad. A couple corner breakouts that were very small and a couple little spots on the bottom edges. It's also missing the chicken strap. But if you have a real POS (piece of shit) seat this could be an improvement. It's yours for the asking, just cover the postage.

I paid my guy $150 and he picked it up at my place of work and delivered it back to me. Maybe a bit steep for some people but I was not unhappy.

Sincerely,
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis