'92 FZR 1000 - Mystery Connector?

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

'92 FZR 1000 - Mystery Connector?

Post by kboehringer »

FZR Friends,
I finished the top end rebuild and am test riding the bike (generally successfully). I still have issues with the "Flickering" head lamp and High Beam indicator. The alternator has been replaced and all associated connectors checked, re-checked, and checked again.

Now, I am checking EVERY wire on the bike looking for problems. I have found this "Mystery Connector" near the battery. Seems unlikely this is for an accessory. The coloring of the wires is the same as the alternator circuit. No other devices or reference to this in the wiring diagrams.

What is it for? What is missing? Could this be my flickering headlamp problem?

The only item on the wiring diagram with the same wire coloring is the alternator. Somehow, it seems this would be related.....

As always, any help appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

It's an extra that's only used in specific markets 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Like stig says it's nothing to worry about kurt.

I've just been to check on mine and it doesn't go anywhere.

PS: I'm glad I had a look for mine because the wiring harness is in need of a good clean, so that's a job for today. :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Thank you Gentlemen

Post by kboehringer »

Thank you Gentlemen.

Thought I had found an easy fix problem.... Gotta keep looking for the smoking gun that is the cause of the flickering lamp...
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I think you mentioned earlier that you checked the earth cable. Going by my fading memory somebody once told me that if the earth cable is corroded it can cause this kind of problem. :)
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.