Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by rebel »

new member with a -87 FZR 1000, under reconstruction.. :)
-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
-90 XVZ 1300 Venture Royale
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

hi everyone!

Post by rebel »

hi, i am an fresh member from a land just notheast of UK called norway...we used to visit you guys alot for just about 1100 years ago..but not so anymore..sad... :D :D

I find this forum VERY useful and informative,i spent the last month or so reading about all the mistakes and fixes other people do to their bikes, and i find that lacking maintainance is the main reason to many of the problems.

I have now almost finished the prosess of dismantling the bike, she is an 1987 FZR 1000, cleaning everything and checking for broken or cracked parts, so far it looks good. She has been stored indoors since 2014 so i recon i have to clean out the carbs, change the fluids and get a new gasket- and stainles steel boltkit.

Looking forward to start painting things, the engine is first up..red with black details and covers.. then black frame and rims, topping up with red gastank and front fender..no fairings with a new subframe, seat and tail to build an genuine singelseater.

I am just redressing the old girl (like a barbidoll) , so she can be restored to original state later if i wish.

So bear with me, all you fanatics that want to keep everything in original condition, i am not destroying the bike, just changing the dress since i will mostly use rubberpaint that is easy to remove if i change my mind.

keeping the bike original becomes more and more difficult since some spareparts are difficult to find.
In my mind i have to go Madmax in order to keep the bike on the road.

Will post pics as the bike being buildt.

Have a nice day all and a big CHEERS from The Rebel. :D :D :D
-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by rebel »

the bike getting ready for makeup (and winter) , lucky for me i have another one for the icy conditions, she is a 2012 xt 660x and with studded tires she is very entertaining on snow.
-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by rebel »

FZR 1000 undressed
-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by rebel »

-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Re: new member

Post by rebel »

rebel wrote:the bike getting ready for makeup (and winter) , lucky for me i have another one for the icy conditions, she is a 2012 xt 660x and with studded tires she is very entertaining on snow.

-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by rebel »

rebel wrote:FZR 1000 undressed
-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Unfortunately J-C J has used all the EU bar money for 2019. But I understand that Norway has an enormous sovereign wealth fund from oil taxes. So back to you and lets have quads with added Ukrainian waitresses.
Keep on keepin' on.
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by rebel »

rebel wrote:
rebel wrote:FZR 1000 undressed
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/949/8sspNB.jpg

-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by rebel »

Teego wrote:Unfortunately J-C J has used all the EU bar money for 2019. But I understand that Norway has an enormous sovereign wealth fund from oil taxes. So back to you and lets have quads with added Ukrainian waitresses.
congrats with the new Prime Minister :D :D now we have boris in UK, donald in us of fookin amrika(andisrael), Volodymyr The Comedian in ukraina and Carl XVI Gustav A.K.A. mr.coke in sweden..what a world...and the Norwegian Oilmoney??Stolen and spent long time ago by tricksters....Nothing to the people here on The Rock..so yea, lets call Volodymyr The Comedian in ukraina and have a PARTY!!
-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
Teego

Post by Teego »

Nuggitt will probably come and moderate soon.
Meanwhile, if western civilization disintegrates like a dessicated pomegranite, we must gather potatoes, grains etc for our domestic distilleries. If we produce enough aquavit the Ukrainian girls will swarm to our parties. Might even get some Bavarian babes to help the party rock.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig, I think you need to up the dosage and make it quick.

You may know this already rebel but welcome to the madhouse. :D
Last edited by nuggitt on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by rebel »

Teego wrote:Nuggitt will probably come and moderate soon.
Meanwhile, if western civilization disintegrates like a dessicated pomegranite, we must gather potatoes, grains etc for our domestic distilleries. If we produce enough aquavit the Ukrainian girls will swarm to our parties. Might even get some Bavarian babes to help the party rock.
u think nuggit will moderate this post?? Did i write something not political correct maybe? :D :D :D

But its only the truth, so why cant we speak about it?
the socalled Civilisation is already rottening from the core out, the proof is all around us, just listen and watch.

THATS WHY IM A BIKER, HAS BEEN FOR 40 YEARS, AND WILL GO ON LIKE THIS TILL I GO TO VALHALL.

Anyway..when it comes to partying and getting enough booze in the future, thats no prob, we just make the distilleries VERY domestic, (cellars are fine), Then the girls will swarm, and nasjonality does not matter unless you wanna speak to them :D
-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified
Teego

Post by Teego »

rebel wrote:
Teego wrote:Nuggitt will probably come and moderate soon.
u think nuggit will moderate this post?? Did i write something not political correct maybe? :D :D :D

But its only the truth, so why cant we speak about it?
the socalled Civilisation is already rottening from the core out, the proof is all around us, just listen and watch.

THATS WHY IM A BIKER, HAS BEEN FOR 40 YEARS, AND WILL GO ON LIKE THIS TILL I GO TO VALHALL.

Anyway..when it comes to partying and getting enough booze in the future, thats no prob, we just make the distilleries VERY domestic, (cellars are fine), Then the girls will swarm, and nasjonality does not matter unless you wanna speak to them :D
I don't think that conversation will be the priority.
Keep on keepin' on.
rebel
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by rebel »

nuggitt wrote:Stig, I think you need to up the dosage and make it quick.

You may know this already revel but welcome to the madhouse. :D
Thanks Nuggit, hope Stig dont kick me out and you guys accept me for who i am, a littlebit crazy with strong opinions based on reality. :D :D
-87 FZR 989 Genesis
-12 XT 660X Modified